1st post: Cases That don't Scratch Up Phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by stickboy2k, Jan 6, 2012.

1. stickboy2k macrumors member

Hi,
    I am new here.

I have returned my HTC Rezound and am going to switch to the iPhone 4s. While waiting to get my new phone I have been looking at cases.
    I have heard and read that people have damaged their phones finish by using cases that allow dirt to get in a scratch them up. Me don’t want that!

Are there any cases that are better than others to prevent that? Are Bumper cases better?
    I am kind of leaning toward a bumper case and a front and back protector and maybe get a leather belt pouch for running around.

What y’all think?

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Hey! Welcome. :)

I don't know of any cases that scratch the phone like that. I only know of people who don't mind where they put their phones with cases on them, and the actions that scratch those phones.

I use a bumper and never have any issues, even teeny tiny ones. :D

3. stickboy2k thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, do you use a protector on the back?

4. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Some bumpers-Apple-will scratch the clear coat on the antenna band. You can get vinyl wraps for the band, then install a bumper. Many other cases do not scratch the bands. I would put a clear back screen protector on before I installed any case though. I like the Casecrown line of cases and can be found for about 1/2 to 1/3 the cost on eBay. I am using the Glider Slash and love it. Can't beat it for $16 IMO.

[​IMG]

5. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I have an Apple bumper and I use a LuckLabs skin wrap to protect from scratches. I don't recommend taking the bumper on and off as it will ruin the skin.

6. OnNightfall macrumors regular

I'm rocking the Speck GeoMetric and I love it. Better than a bumper because it protects the back, does not allow dust to get in, does not scratch the case. Looks nice and has a three dimension feel which servs as grip.

[​IMG]

New Model, link below...

https://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-case/iphone-4-case/geoskin-for-iphone-4s.html

7. vonWachtstain macrumors regular

Two Switcheasy Rebel cases for iphone 4 and 4S never a scratch. My wife is using Mophie juicepack also no scratches.

8. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Nope.

9. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

10. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Vinyl wrap + apple bumper + no name back protector + good screen protector + belt holster = scratch less iPhone

11. jcapz macrumors member