1st Post, new to iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macpad155, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Macpad155 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, what a great site.

I was never big into Apple until I got a iPod touch, then a MacBook Pro, then an iPad :D. So if you have all that im pretty sure its madatory to get an iPhone....

I havent followed all "craze" that goes with the iPhones when they come out, i would think it will never be as crazy as the when it first came out but i know the HD,4G etc. is a very nice device.

Im currently in the process of getting a new job, which i have to go away and do some training for, but i would love to have the new iPhone to take with me. Problem is, i will be leave around the 20th, so im trying to figure out how all you guys got your first iPhone and what the best route (fastest) to take is, if its even possible (depending on release date) to get it before the 20th...

Website? Stores? How does it all work? I dont currently have ATT..

Thanks in advance..

2. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

Your post isn't very clear to understand. You are leaving to where? That makes a big difference as the replies will be different based upon if you are leaving to Zimbabwe or NYC.

3. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Your best route for getting a phone in your particular case would be to head to a store and pick it up, provided it actually releases before you embark on your journey.

4. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

My suggestion would be to go back in time and not create this topic. After that, wait until June 7th so the new iPhone will be introduced and a release date will be anounced. Then post this question and we will be able to help you.

5. Macpad155 thread starter macrumors newbie

It would be easier for me to pre order it, but i dont know if it would be here on time. I will be away for training in an area where mail may be hard to come by, thats why i would like to get it before.

What i meant in my post was basically what is the fastest/easiest way to get a device when it is announced. I have never had an iphone but always heard that people go nuts when they come out, waiting in line for 8 hours etc.

From the link above it looks like most of the time you can pre-order and recieve one on the day is released.... that would be best for me if the date was before the 20th.

Thanks for the responses, sorry for the confusion.