1st real evidence Android has teeth...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chupa Chupa, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Does anyone take what he says seriously anymore? Although I currently have an iPhone, I've owned an Android phone in the past and you certainly don't need to be a scientist to use one.

3. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

Amen! I see all kinds of morons with Android phones. :D

4. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

OP doesn't seem to understand... Ballmer isn't targetting iOS because iOS is not the market leader and isn't as direct a competitor as Google.

Microsoft is following Google's lead, they are going to make SOFTWARE and leave it up the manufacturers (Samsung, Nokia, and friends) to make the hardware.

Ballmer specifically went after Android because Android is their only real competition in terms of wrestling away focus and manufacturing capacity for their devices. (Apple and HP sure aren't gonna make phones for them

iOS is in 2nd place. Yes, Ballmer would love to have iPhone's market share but he understands that Windows Phone is a hard sell to a more loyal group of owners who only really care about the logo on the back of the device (sorry, but its true). iPhone users buy apps, iPHone users are more vested in Apple's ecosystem.

In contrast, Android has more customers, less brand loyalty and less lock in because many of Google's cloud service are device agnostic.

Android is literally a bigger, easier, better target than iOS.

5. lateralus1082 macrumors member

6. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

If I didn't have an iPhone, I would have a Windows phone before I went Android.

7. l3it3r macrumors regular

l3it3r

8. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

Is that because you don't like the Android OS, or because you're pissed off that Android got into the game and is beating iOS in features and availability?

9. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

yawn, more flame baiting.

NO ONE is pissed off about Android doing this or that vs. iOS. NO ONE is pissed that iOS is doing whatever vs. Android. NO ONE REALLY ***** CARES. The only "people" who are pissed off, are the imaginary armies of pissed off Android or iOS fans, concocted by flame baiters and trolls in comments like the one above.

10. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

Yawn :rolleyes:

11. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

Man, you got us all figured out. Are you one of dem mind reeders? :rolleyes:

12. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

I have actually used both and I prefer the fluid interface of the Windows phone to the cluttered non-cohesiveness of the Android. But iOS trumps them both.