1st Time Repair Concerns

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AngelGuy7, Dec 6, 2007.

1. AngelGuy7 macrumors regular

I'm taking my Macbook Pro in to the Apple Store for its first repair because I have a hair stuck between the glossy layer of the LCD and the actual LCD screen. I visited that Apple store a few months ago to find it out if they'd take it out under warranty and they said they would. It would take 3 days according to them and they'd do it in the store (NYC 5th Ave store). Now I have a break between work and travels I'm finally able to part with my MBP for a few days.

My question is what should I do besides backing up my data to ensure that everything goes smooth with my repair? The two things I'm worried about the most are:

1. My MBP getting scratched\dinged while in the hands of others. Right now it has no scratches or dings.

2. They replace my screen (for some reason) with one that has yellowing toward the bottom. My first MBP had yellowing and I returned it, this one does not.

Any suggestions \ experience would be appreciated.

2. MacAficionado macrumors 6502

3. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

yeah i think the apple people will be the last people that will damage your baby

4. AngelGuy7 thread starter macrumors regular

I just remember reading horror threads about Macbook Pro's going away for repair and getting abused that's why I'm a bit nervous.