1TB hdd in a Macbook Pro w/bad blocks..AGAIN

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by drive88mph, Dec 6, 2010.

1. drive88mph macrumors newbie

This is the second time i installed a new toshiba 1tb hdd on my macbook pro unibody, and after some use i get the spinning rainbow and lots of hanging and do some checks with drive genius and it told me again i had bad blocks on the hdd!! When i first installed i tried checking for bad sectors and nothing appeared but now that i used the laptop they appeared

Now tell me what im doing wrong because this is the second time it happens with the same brand ,model and capacity of hdd,
    1 i format the drive to mac
    2 install mac on the hdd running with an external hdd enclosure
    3 restore my data with carbon copy cloner to the new drive
    4 install on the macbook physically
    5 run checks for verification of smart disc and permissions fixes.
    6 update os if needed

Am i missing something?? Is anybody else having this problems with the toshiba 1tb hdds? Im thinking on leaving this as a external hdd and buy a westerdigital ....good idea?

Thanks in advance!!

2. sbddude macrumors 6502a

I've not had any issues with the 1TB WD Scorpio blue. Before that I used a 640GB version of the Scorpio blue.

How are the reviews on Toshiba drives?

3. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

Western Digital for life ;)

4. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

I haven't used Toshiba but once where Apple installed a Toshiba 120GB at the factory. I tend to use Seagate, Hitachi and WD. Right now both Windows laptops have the Seagate 500GB XT and the MBP has the new Seagate 750GB 7200rpm drive. All are working very well.

Cheers,

5. drive88mph thread starter macrumors newbie

its weird, i read some good reviews on newegg.com about this drive installed on a macbook pro , but now for personal opinion it sucks im thinking on installing an optical bay and replace my disc drive since i never use it, and just have two hdd one being the original that is 300 gb and get the 750gb from seagate with 7200rpm and being the same height as the original

according to the ebay seller, this happens because of the height of the disc, being too tall for the macbook not letting enough air go trough the disc????