Resolved 1TB HDD vs 24GB SSD?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by meget, Mar 13, 2012.

1. meget, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012

meget macrumors member

Hey there,

Have a dilemma. I just upgraded my 13 MacBook Pro (early 2011, i5) to a 1TB HDD drive: http://wdc.com/global/products/specs/?driveID=951&language=1

And I got for free 240GB one SSD: http://www.amazon.com/OCZ-Technology-Vertex-2-5-Inch-VTX3-25SAT3-240G/dp/B004QJM1HG

Now the question is simple really, the answer might cause however mixed feelings. :) For a guy who wants to in the future use xCode, have all his photos on the drive, music and videos etc. Is SSD due to its low capacity fitting my needs? Will i have to carry around a couple of external drives all the time to have all my stuff with me?

Is it even a good things to change to a drive which is even less than the original drive which was with the MacBook pro? :)

Thank for the answer.

2. simsaladimbamba

3. meget thread starter macrumors member

Sorry but what does it do?

Ah i looked it up... Not sure that going to make my CD burning a blast :D I do have an external DVD burner at home, but this will probably limit me to using cd's there. and not sold at my country Estonia. :S

4. meget thread starter macrumors member

where is the cheapest place to buy an optibay drive you would say for macbook pro early 2011 and then separately or together with the usb cd-drive enclosure?

5. simsaladimbamba

eBay I suppose.

6. meget thread starter macrumors member

Good call for eBay. Got it all (dvd case + hdd case) for 34 USD. :) compared to amazon for 52 pounds. :) now just waiting for it to arrive. Thanks for the tip, didn't even consider this option before, but now i am happy i asked here. :)