1TB MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MAcNIAC, May 11, 2018.

1. MAcNIAC macrumors regular

any thoughts on likelihood of MacBooks with 1TB SSDs
    I need to upgrade my 2013 13" MBP that has 512G SSD, at present I need to buy another MBP just to get more storage but the MB specs would be fine for me.

PS - I know - cloud computing and external SSDs and blah blah, but I just like a simple solution with my stuff on my laptop like the old days

2. MC6800 macrumors 6502

3. organicCPU macrumors 6502a

organicCPU

Apple should offer 768 GB for the MBP 10,2 (Early 2013) and 1 TB internal storage for the 11,1 (Late 2013).
    Plugging a Nifty Minidrive into the SDXC slot to extend what you've got would be a cheaper solution.

4. Darmok N Jalad macrumors 65816

Darmok N Jalad

That wouldn't be too bad, so long as the user wasn't needing fast storage. It would be a good for media storage, but I wouldn't want to do a bunch of read/writes on it.

5. MAcNIAC thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the suggestion but I’m a bit nervous t spend money upgrading a 5 yo laptop.

6. BODYBUILDERPAUL macrumors 6502a

I'm with you on this! I like to download everything and keep it all in one place - My MacBook :) It makes life very stress free!!! I buy my film from iTunes and Vimeo - I download the ones that I love and sync them to my iPhone X, the rest, I leave in the iCloud for Apple TV.

I have everything - work, photos, home video, music, film all on my MacBook etc. I love how everything is in one place.
    In fact, my MacBook is my only computer along with my iPhone and Apple TV 4K and that's it tech wise - minimalist and so damn stress free!!!!!! :) I wouldn't have it any other way :)

7. Miltz macrumors 6502a

It's really had to say. The issue is cost. The high end 12" MacBook right now is almost $2000. That's extremely expensive given it's performance. With a 1TB SSD it would be like $2,500. I highly doubt the market is ready for a $2,500 MacBook. It doesn't make sense on who it's made for. I'd go for a 13" MBP to get your 1TB.

8. MAcNIAC thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah - I probably will, I’ll hold out till WWDC and see what comes

9. Miltz macrumors 6502a

Yeah, a 2018 MBP 13" with Quad Core might be a better value for you, assuming they release it in June.