1TB MacBook?

MAcNIAC

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Australia
any thoughts on likelihood of MacBooks with 1TB SSDs
I need to upgrade my 2013 13" MBP that has 512G SSD, at present I need to buy another MBP just to get more storage but the MB specs would be fine for me.

PS - I know - cloud computing and external SSDs and blah blah, but I just like a simple solution with my stuff on my laptop like the old days

organicCPU

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2016
Apple should offer 768 GB for the MBP 10,2 (Early 2013) and 1 TB internal storage for the 11,1 (Late 2013).
Plugging a Nifty Minidrive into the SDXC slot to extend what you've got would be a cheaper solution.

Reactions: ignatius345

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 68030
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
Apple should offer 768 GB for the MBP 10,2 (Early 2013) and 1 TB internal storage for the 11,1 (Late 2013).
Plugging a Nifty Minidrive into the SDXC slot to extend what you've got would be a cheaper solution.
That wouldn't be too bad, so long as the user wasn't needing fast storage. It would be a good for media storage, but I wouldn't want to do a bunch of read/writes on it.

Reactions: organicCPU

BODYBUILDERPAUL

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
I'm with you on this! I like to download everything and keep it all in one place - My MacBook :) It makes life very stress free!!! I buy my film from iTunes and Vimeo - I download the ones that I love and sync them to my iPhone X, the rest, I leave in the iCloud for Apple TV.

I have everything - work, photos, home video, music, film all on my MacBook etc. I love how everything is in one place.
In fact, my MacBook is my only computer along with my iPhone and Apple TV 4K and that's it tech wise - minimalist and so damn stress free!!!!!! :) I wouldn't have it any other way :)

Miltz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2013
New York
any thoughts on likelihood of MacBooks with 1TB SSDs
I need to upgrade my 2013 13" MBP that has 512G SSD, at present I need to buy another MBP just to get more storage but the MB specs would be fine for me.

PS - I know - cloud computing and external SSDs and blah blah, but I just like a simple solution with my stuff on my laptop like the old days
It's really had to say. The issue is cost. The high end 12" MacBook right now is almost $2000. That's extremely expensive given it's performance. With a 1TB SSD it would be like $2,500. I highly doubt the market is ready for a $2,500 MacBook. It doesn't make sense on who it's made for. I'd go for a 13" MBP to get your 1TB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.