Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 30, 2004
Mailnation.net is now offering 1TB mail for free :eek: :eek:

The only bad thing about the massive strorage is that there is a 10MB transfer limit :mad: :mad:

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
wow, is it just me or is that site already slow as a dog?

I'll be sticking with gmail, since I have much greater faith that I won't wake up one morning to find that the company has folded, and taken all my mail with it :rolleyes:

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Google can offer a Googlebyte and still feel comfortable in the fact that nobody will ever use 1 TB, or even 100 GB of email. And if someone comes close, it'll be so far into the future that 100 GB will seem small.

They offer it because it makes them look good, but in terms of practicality, 1 TB is just as good as 2 GB to me.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 30, 2004
edesignuk said:
wow, is it just me or is that site already slow as a dog?

I'll be sticking with gmail, since I have much greater faith that I won't wake up one morning to find that the company has folded, and taken all my mail with it :rolleyes:

I agree.......slow and won't trust them with my email, but I signed up for one......just for the fun of it :p 1TB :eek: :eek: :D

carpe diem

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2005
Mailnation is so so slow. I bet they dont even have a TB but just say they give that for their click count.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
edesignuk said:
This is a very good point to consider.

What happens when you put all your info on a providers server and they go out of business. I would sure hate to have to forward all the messages. Makes me think that DL via an e-mail client is best.

Sushi

Flying Llama

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
Los Angeles
Well its a scam. I remember reading somewhere that it cuts you off at something like 250 mega bytes...
Not to be trusted AT ALL.

llama

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
sushi said:
This is a very good point to consider.

What happens when you put all your info on a providers server and they go out of business. I would sure hate to have to forward all the messages. Makes me think that DL via an e-mail client is best.

Sushi

Google offers free POP3 access. Score a bajillion for ultimate webmail!

Jon'sLightBulbs

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2005
Chicago
Abstract said:
Google can offer a Googlebyte and still feel comfortable in the fact that nobody will ever use 1 TB, or even 100 GB of email. And if someone comes close, it'll be so far into the future that 100 GB will seem small.

They offer it because it makes them look good, but in terms of practicality, 1 TB is just as good as 2 GB to me.

Although you may never use 100 megs or 1 gig of space for email, using that space for backup is completely plausible. Users archiving video and audio files, or what have you, and transmitting it to their servers as an attachment could eat up a big part of their storage capacity, fast.

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
The thing won't even load for me.

As for 1TB space? Cripes! That's double the diskspace I have on my Desktop.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
sushi said:
Roger. I have a gmail account.

Sure wish gmail would support folders.

Sushi

I agree, but that is why I use Mail and just leave a copy on their server for if/when I need it.

InfiniteLoop1

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2005
When/if do you think Gmail or even this 'Mailnation' will get a huge online storage feature like iDisk in .Mac?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.