1TB Time Capsule problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sofasurfer, Jul 13, 2011.

1. sofasurfer macrumors member

I have a TC in bridge mode connected to my router purely for using Time Machine for my MBP and iMac. It had been working fine for the last year but over the last week it has suddenly decided to stop working. It stops becoming visible over wifi and when I try and run the Airport Utility on the connected iMac it just hangs and will not let me change or check any settings. Every time I must perform a hard reset and go through the whole setup procedure again. Obviously this is not ideal and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to sort it out?

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

Hate to be a doomsayer, but those were the exact symptoms mine exhibited before it went belly up. If you can, copy the sparesebundle files to another location in case it is dying.

I'd do a factory restore and set it up again to see if it's not something wrong with settings, or maybe try using a different channel.

If it does die, Apple will replace it if it's covered under the AppleCare of any Macs purchased with it. Even if it's not, I'd still contact Apple. They may make an exception and switch it.