1TB Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by skilledone, May 18, 2009.

1. skilledone macrumors newbie

Alrighty here I go...I setup my TC to do disk sharing and also enabled sharing over WAN. My TC's disk works perfect on my MBP, I open finder click on my TC and bam, I have all the storage. When on my windows PC, I go to network, click on TC and it prompts me for credentials "Enter your network password". However, I made sure that my TC disk sharing was setup "with a disk password" and not "user accounts". What credentials could my TC possibly want, I've tried everything. I just want to map this sexy drive on my windows machine and call it an evening. I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

3. skilledone thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried that, not to sound rude, but I clearly mentioned that in my post.

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

No, you didn't. You said you tried 'everything'.

Anyway, are your Time Capsule and Windows PC on the same Workgroup? In Airport Utility you can specify the name of the Windows workgroup that you want it to join. Make sure this is the same as your PC.

5. skilledone thread starter macrumors newbie

Also, AirPort utility is sucking or something because I've hit "rescan". I can't configure my TC from windows, only on my MBP.

Attached Files:

6. skilledone thread starter macrumors newbie

I have my MBP/TC/Windows all joining "WORKGROUP". I can go to network on my Windows machine and connect to my Mac's shared space just fine, vice-versa on my mac.

7. skilledone thread starter macrumors newbie

Seems that I've got it to detect my TC and the disk with the exception of this picture. I've entered my TC password and it doesn't work still. I'm using windows 7, I'm stumped!

Attached Files:

• TC.png
      TC.png
      File size:
      117.4 KB
      Views:
  8. skorpien macrumors 68020

Total shot in the dark as I'm not a Windows 7 user, but do you have any software firewalls enabled? You may need to add your TC's IP address to the list of trusted networks/zones. For my XP and Vista boxes, they wouldn't work unless I did that.

9. skilledone thread starter macrumors newbie

I turned off my win7 firewall off all together, that didn't do the trick! I don't understand why it won't accept my device password as I have taken the correct steps and reset my router's password to make sure it wasn't incorrect.

10. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...make sure your caps lock is off on your win boxes... yesterday I just setup my AEBS with a simpletech 1 TB EHDD plugged into it with my one iMac and 4 winXP boxes and "it just worked"....with all 5 different passwords I used to setup the SDB AEBS that's in my sig...

11. skilledone thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that :(!!! I even hard reset and tried user accounts instead of Time Capsule password. On my MAC it just WORKS!(either method). I guess that's the majestic reason for owning a Mac "It Just Works". I'm using Windows 7 currently.