1tb Wd Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ACiB708, Jun 18, 2009.

1. ACiB708 macrumors regular

Ok, I'm losing it... Here's the thing, I recently bought a WD HDD to store all my video files.

I had about 400GB of video in there in the first partition, and in the second one (merely a 10GB one) random data files. Yesterday night me and my brother were watching a movie off the HDD when the lights went out so the HDD was instantly powered off. Mac OS gave me the "Device Removal" warning sign saying it might have deleted some data. Well, it did not. I powered on the HDD again and everything was there, every movie worked, every file was intact.

Today I plugged in the drive (via FW) and to my surprise, it only detects the second partition, which is the 10 GB one. If I go to Disk Utility I see the two partitions but the big one is not mounted, and can't be (when i click mount, it tells me to repair the disk, but Repair option and First Aid do not work).

Any ideas? I know that I could just format the HDD as a whole and have the whole TB back, but I really need the info in the big partition. PLEASE, help me. What can I do?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

3. ACiB708 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks a lot, I guess i´ll just have to save some money now :(

4. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

Well if you would of bought a APC power supply back up you wouldn't of lost your files as it runs off a battery until you have a chance to turn your computer off the correct way. You know what they say, pay me now or pay me later...