1tb Western Digital 2.5" Freezes & Songs Skipping

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bradan, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Bradan macrumors member

Hi there.. having a problem with frequent unresponsiveness, short locks, skipping songs, bechballing etc. after upgrading my 15" macbook pro's harddrive to a 12.5mm 1tb western digital scorpio.

I ran "verify disk" in OSX as well as off the install DVD before boot and it came up clean.

I also verified permissions and the only issue was the airport permissions glitch that happens after an update.

Not exactly sure how to attack this at this point.

Anybody with the Western Digital Scorpio 1tb 2.5", please chime in with advice or any experiences you've had with this drive.

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

How much disk space are you using? I noticed this on mine also, but only because I have literally 60%+ fragmentation due to a filled hard drive.

3. Bradan thread starter macrumors member

this is after a second fresh install on the drive. somewhere around 5%?

help please!

4. AsterixGM macrumors newbie

I had the same problem with my mid 2009 15" Macbook Pro but with a WD Blue 500GB. Tried everything I could think of but in the end I sent it back and stuck my stock Hitachi 250GB back in.

I have read that the 15" mid 2009 MBP are notorious for this problem though. Your might be affected the same.

5. Bradan thread starter macrumors member

Weird.. I have a mid-2010 Core i5 15" Macbook Pro.

6. Bradan thread starter macrumors member

7. Bradan thread starter macrumors member

well, scratch that, it's still happening but it just shows up in random spurts.

8. Bradan thread starter macrumors member