2.0.1 did absolutely nothing.... nothing good at least

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bazookafx3, Aug 7, 2008.

1. bazookafx3 macrumors regular

So after getting back from Denver yesterday i was very excited to install the new 2.0.1 software for my Iphone 3g after hearing that it fixed many problems including the oh so annoying SMS lag, well after a lengthy install it helped nothing... The keyboard is slow-ER and the contacts run just as bad (Still using the google app to search contacts) and my apps crash MORE! I dont know if I just had some bad luck but has anyone else feel like they would of been better off with 2.0?
    Sorry, wanted to vent...

2. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

Did you update or restore? If you updated, try a restore. If you did a restore, do it again and set it up as a new phone and see if it is better. You can always restore your backup later if that does not fix the problem.

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

same here...i just went back to 2.0 from C:>Documents and settings>Username>Application Data>Apple iTunes>iPhone>2.0

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I haven't noticed any difference with 2.0.1, good or bad.

5. Iamtherealwoody macrumors 6502

Iamtherealwoody

same problems as OP here. keyboard is laggier. did an update, laggy, then tried a restore, laggy. i didnt restore as a new phone though, may try that if I get fed up.

6. zedsdead macrumors 68040

The only bug I noticed that was fixed was the very slow email deletion and the pathetically poor backup process (which still is unacceptably slow, but better).

7. divang macrumors member

it fixed my laggy contacts and laggy text. totally gone now.

8. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It improved (but didn't fix) the keyboard issue for me. Looks like it's hit and miss :(

9. MemphisDave macrumors regular

MemphisDave

Exactly! Completely gone for me too...not sure why there are so many varied results...
    MemphisDave

10. aft macrumors regular

I used to have a sync issue where it'd reinstall all my apps almost every sync which took forever....that is gone now. Other than that pretty the same issues.

11. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

+1 on lagging text and contacts fixed. My phone has been much more stable, no hard resets and only a few 3rd part app crashes.

For those with constant problems if you do a full restore, particularly if you have jailbroken in the past, setup the phone as a new phone don't restore from backup. If you restore from backup this seems to restore things that were saved from the jailbroken times and caused my first generation to be much more unstable.

12. kyleb822 macrumors member

kyleb822

Personally I have noticed a great improvement with the iPhone 2.0.1 update. The sms typing lag is gone for me where in 2.0.0 the keyboard had many laggy keys. Also when i open 3rd party apps the opening time is significantly lower. I have also noticed that my iPhone doesn't crash as much as it used to when opening apps.

13. ValientHimself macrumors member

I got my iPhone on Wednesday after 2.0.1 was already out, so I upgraded to it as soon as I synced up my phone for the first time. No issues with lag here at all for me. Also, backup is practically instant.

14. Iamtherealwoody macrumors 6502

Iamtherealwoody

Well, an hour and a proper restore (without restoring from backup) later, everything seems fine. No more keyboard lag in SMS, Mail, or contacts. Id recommend it for anyone having problems, I just deleted the backups (in itunes preferences > iphone) then did a restore.

15. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

I was doing good with the update until about 3 days ago. Now anytime I exit an app and go to SMS, it lags. Exit SMS then go right back to it, it's fine.

Also, my Contacts have improved but it did get stuck today. Not sure if its something with MobileMe or what. Also, my iPhone randomly rebooted last weekend.

Maybe 2.1 is the answer.

16. coolant113 macrumors 6502

coolant113

it does everything that we cant see it makes everything more stable:apple::apple:

17. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G 16GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

My keyboard doesn't lag at all anymore. Other than that, nothing else seems different.

What I really want is at&t to update their 3G network. I get pretty great reception everywhere...but at home. Bummer.