2.0.1 Direct Link

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mraymond90, Aug 4, 2008.

1. mraymond90 macrumors newbie

Does anyone have the iPod touch 2.0.1 direct link? It isn't showing up in iTunes on my computer.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

do you have 2.0?

3. mraymond90 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I do and it says that 2.0 is the current version when I check for the update!

4. MattGTO macrumors regular

MattGTO

Servers are probably overloaded...wait until tomorrow (I got it a few minutes after release and its nothing you can't wait for)

5. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

im downloading right now though its slow as ****

6. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

Yeah I can't see it either ATM, however I am not in a big rush. As long as it fixes that keyboard lag I will be happy. :)

7. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

CONFIRMED (for me): Those who installed 2.0 via direct link are getting the message saying 2.0 is the newest version!

Those who did this, you can no longer be cheap. If you want 2.0.1 you must put your iPod Touch into restore mode (turn it off and then plug it into iTunes while holding down the home button) and buy the 2.0 update so you can get 2.0.1.

I know it sucks, but it's true!

Also, clicking 'restore' in the iPod tab and then clicking 'restore and update' doesn't work either, it will give you an error about contacting the update server... Oh, and BTW- Don't click restore from backup as it seems not to work for people in this situation :mad:.

This is based entirely on my last 5 hours experience :(, if you have better luck updating an iPod Touch that is running pirated 2.0 (I know you're out there) please post your happy ending to give the rest of us some hope!

That is all.

Oh, and just to clarify, I bought 2.0 as soon as I possibly could and don't condone downloading the .ipsw from a direct link. After I bought 2.0 Apple's server went down (July 11th) and it wouldn't download, so I didn't have another option, but I did pay first!!! ;).

8. danimal99 macrumors regular

Dunno, I direct linked 2.0, and it told me there was 2.0.1 update available and downloaded it. Now if I can just get the darn thing to quit forcing me to restore from a backup, I'll be happy. (It's restoring for the 3rd time in a row now.)

Update: Ok, 3rd time was the charm. It was the longest backup of the 3, like 30 minutes (for what, I don't know -- I have about 10 apps on there, a couple dozen calendar entries and about 8 contacts total.) But it finally rebooted and did NOT ask me to restore from a previous backup.

So, installed 2.0 from a direct link, and updated to 2.0.1 with only minor technical problems. I don't have a problem with direct linking 2.0, because I bought the Touch after 2.0 was out, so the darn thing should have come with it anyway.

9. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Exactly... But at least yours said 2.0.1 was available! Kudos to you, matey! :D

Again, I don't condone pirating, just wanted to use a pirate pun. :)

10. danimal99 macrumors regular

I bought mine on the 19th as a birthday gift. For $300 plus tax, it should have come with 2.0 anyway.

11. MAC-PRO-DEMON macrumors 6502a

MAC-PRO-DEMON

Direct Link

Go to http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ and the firmware is there. Be sure to download the ipod 2.0.1 rather than the iphone one!

12. mikeleeuk macrumors member

I direct linked 2.0, and 2.0.1 installed without a hitch. :)

Attached Files: