2.0.1 FREEZE issues!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pizz, Aug 6, 2008.

1. pizz macrumors regular

I had 2.0 and my ipod touch would freeze every now and then. I installed 2.0.1 thinking that would solve it and now it freezes almost every time I use it. Anyone having the same problem?

2. Xavier macrumors 68020

I do not have the freezing issue, but my Mail app will no longer get new mail.

Anyone having that problem? (sorry for using your thread, but I didnt think a new one is needed)

3. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

4. Zieg3rman macrumors member

Do it.

5. gocardsfan1 macrumors member

On 2.0 my ipod touch would freeze all the time. When I then turned it off by holding the home button and sleep/wake button for several seconds, and turned it on again, it would stay at the apple logo forever until I restored the software. A couple hours later it would do the same thing again. I took it in to the apple store and they gave me a brand new ipod touch on 1.1.4. They told me to stay on 1.1.4 until apple fixes some of the problems with a software update. I was hoping 2.0.1 would fix my problem, but I haven't had a chance to update since I've been out of town. This is really frustrating me, because I loved having all kinds of games to play when I got bored, plus I payed money for these games and would like to use them.:(

6. pizz thread starter macrumors regular

That's exactly what's happening with mine. I guess i'll make a trip to the Apple store then

7. pizz thread starter macrumors regular

well I called Apple and they told me it needed to be repaired that's its a hardware issue. Something tells me the 2.0 upgrade ruined a few ipods out there. Well i'm taking it to the Apple store Fri. hopefully i'll get a brand spankin new one!

8. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Apple support is your friend :D

They usually are great with their customer care.

9. seeny macrumors regular

i’ve had no problems with 2 or 2.0.1 so can all the problem really be related to just the upgrade?

my touch is recognised in under 5secs and backs up and syncs in about 10 - 15secs

10. pizz thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah Apple does have good customer care.
    I bought one of the first ipod touch batches to come out in 2007. MIht be some issues with early ones i'm guessing.

11. live4mark macrumors member

Follow the easy step-by-step instructions here ... http://www.apple.com/mobileme/setup/iphone/mac.html ... and hopefully, your problem will be resolved.

12. Solti macrumors newbie

I have also been having some problems, some of which go back to the 2.0 update. When listening to a song, I can't simply slide my hand across the screen to go back to the list of songs. It takes 3-4 times for it to actually function and slowly go back to the list of songs. The Cover Flow function (which I rarely use) is also becoming a nuisance. I turn my Touch sideways and it sometimes doesn't even relate to the change in position, forcing me to wave the iPod back and forth until it understands what to do.
    Another little peeve I've always had is after putting my iPod to sleep and turning it back on, it exists out of the song and puts me on the main screen, forcing me to click back to the Music icon. Not a big one, but annoying nonetheless.