2.0.1 lag remains... anyone else?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by manhattanmania, Aug 5, 2008.

1. manhattanmania macrumors regular

the lagging in SMS remains for me quite often even with 2.0.1. also, keyboard in email has started lagging now also. it's very frustrating that they haven't fixed something so simple. is anyone else experiencing this w/ 2.0.1?

(i apologize if this was discussed in the 2.0.1 thread but i gave up going through 700+ posts:p)

2. Blakely028 macrumors regular

Blakely028

Yeah my email keyboard has been lagging too. The Cover Flow on the iPod side of things lags, unlike on 1.1.4!

3. Ouhei macrumors member

Actually all of my lag in the keyboard is gone now, my contacts works faster too.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Just checked those situations, and I'm not lagging. If anything it's much smoother on my 3G iPhone and 2.0.1 firmware. :(

5. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

I just checked on mine. I have not lag whatsoever in the ipod coverflow and in SMS.

2.0.1 is smooth as silk!

6. FearlessFreep macrumors 6502a

7. iMeat macrumors member

My sms is still laging. I have found that it only happens when i reciece a text with the phone in standby. Then when I unlock the phone, the lag is thier. I have to hit the home button and then go back into sms to correct it.

8. davidlw macrumors 6502a

9. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Happened to me when I tried to type a new text...

10. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

got the same lags

but i can now listen to music and surf the web!!!!

only problem is typing the URL in...

11. Ori macrumors 6502

contacts still lag here.... although rebooting seems to fix it temporarily.

12. daniel huxtable macrumors member

i still have some lag. not quite as bad before the update but it definitely is there.

also, on rare occasions my home button doesn't respond and takes me back to the home screen. i noticed this happens when my phone is close to doing the auto lock. i have to push the home button twice.

anyone else have a similar problem?

13. elbirth macrumors 65816

mine still lags but it seems to come and go a bit. I think the people saying they get no lag are saying this immediately after having installed the update and the phone has rebooted so it's fresh. Right after the update mine was pretty quick as well, but now that it's been on/in standy for almost 24 hours with about 2.5 hours of use and launching a lot of programs, I notice lag again. I'm wondering if there are memory leaks somewhere.

14. vrflyer macrumors 6502

vrflyer

Amen - same here as well! :cool:

15. ogdogg macrumors 6502

It lagged the first time I opened my contacts and hasn't since. I'm happy.

16. nyfinest32 macrumors regular

17. Ifone macrumors newbie

I think there's a serious placebo effect happening with people seeing improvements that aren't really there.

I've noticed very slightl improvements in safari, thats about it. I've got two iphones, only updated one, I've benchmarked them in nearly every respect and the difference is negligable.

18. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

Fixed™.

19. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

Mine does the samething. It's less than before but still had some lag.

20. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I still have it. Click on contacts and there is a little delay which I can live with, but I can swipe my finger up about six times about 1/2 to a second apart before it scrolls.

Another problem that has been bugging me is when I go to the contacts list and say it is on the W's and I scroll up to the A's and pick a name and either call or text message or just call and click cancel or go back to the home screen, then go back to the contacts list is back on the W's page instead of where I left off.

21. gibbz macrumors 68030

I still get a pronounced typing lag when opening up SMS to reply to a message.

22. iblastoff macrumors 6502

the only way i've gotten rid of the occasional sms typing lag is to first open the sms app, close it, and then reopen again. then i can type normally. still friggin annoying though.

23. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

I don't notice any difference at all. Still lags everywhere, my battery life is worse, safari websites jump when I type now, never did before, (jumping as I'm typing this) and my iPhone just crashed and rebooted itself right before posting this, idk what the hell is going on but apple better release a 2.0.2 or something soon

24. scotty56 macrumors regular

25. atluten macrumors 6502

Contacts app is the only lag I'm noticing. At least accessing contacts from the Phone app is as responsive as ever.