2.0.1 loaded on retail iphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chem, Aug 6, 2008.

?

Did your retail iphone 3G have 2.0.1 pre-loaded (post-2.0.1 release)?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not relevant - I did a full, clean restore after buying it anyway

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. chem macrumors regular

2.0.1 has been out for a little while now, and I'm wondering if when you walk into an Apple Store and buy an iPhone 3G, does it have 2.0.1 already loaded? What was YOUR experience?

Please only add to the poll if you've bought an iphone since 2.0.1 was released. Also, reply here with info about where you've seen 2.0.1 pre-loaded iphones for sale (city, store) or perhaps if the display models have 2.0.1 loaded :)

EDIT: the point here is, eventually the iphones will have it preloaded from factory. The question is: when? We can track that here. :)

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

the iphones from non apple stores dont have it preloaded, since they are always behind. but i don't think apple will put it preloaded. they might, since it is a minor update not a major one like the 2.0 firmware.

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

im pretty sure thed update the display models to have 2.0.1, i mean its apple, THEY released the firmware, why would they want some1 to see an older version..

4. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

It's been out for 3-4 days? There isn't enough time for them to upgrade the phones that have already been manufactured.