2.0.1 update is ********

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by whiteness, Aug 5, 2008.

1. whiteness macrumors member

no improvemnt

bugs in 2.0.1
    -Laggy
    -green dot in lyric (i already post it)
    -coverflow wont follow ur ipod touch position like 1.1.4

2. xhArRiSoNxD macrumors regular

Wow you can put lyrics on your songs? I had no idea.

3. xhArRiSoNxD macrumors regular

i am updating my ipod right now and i did notice something strange, when it is backing up i can use the ipod and play music while it backing up and do other stuff like surfing the internet.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yup, do a "get info" on a song in iTunes, and there's a "lyrics" tab. Copy and paste lyrics in that tab. There are also other mp3 tag editing programs you can use to do this, as well as programs that search for lyrics automatically -- though the accuracy of the searches are rather spotty.

5. xhArRiSoNxD macrumors regular

Omg as soon as the backup finished it said error ipod disconnect, i waited so long.

I noticed a slight problem when normally backing up/syncing on the ipod lock screen it would display that it is syncing and give you a slide to cancel it no longer gives me that option.

6. whiteness thread starter macrumors member

yup u right
    i think 2.0 is better than 2.0.1

7. whiteness thread starter macrumors member

like this....
    [​IMG]
    tap the artwork to display the lyric n tap again u will see green dot at the right top corner

8. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Granted, weren't these already problems before 2.0.1? So, it's not really 2.0.1 that's "********", but 2.0 that's the problem :D

I'm just messing around... these bugs sound really annoying. I am curious, though: why do you need coverflow to follow?

9. whiteness thread starter macrumors member

10. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Good enough for me. I think they should fix it, too: not that I'd use it, but features should work. Plain and simple.

11. whiteness thread starter macrumors member

12. jkmakesmusic macrumors member

just bought a touch from a friend. seems like there is some horrid keyboard lag in safari. you have to give them a break though, this whole 2.0 update is new. took a while for leopard to run correctly too.

13. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

The 2.0.1 update is supposed to help with the keyboard lag.

14. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

I don't have that green "dot" in the lyrics on my Touch. I also don't experience any more lag than 2.0, and definitely see improvement overall.

All of your big problems with 2.0.1 are really minor quibbles. Its not **** just because of such insignificant things.

15. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

crazzyeddie - love the avatar!

16. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Thanks :D He's definitely a hilarious guy, too bad he couldn't take the pressure. Hopefully he will bring back his show someday...

17. jv311 macrumors newbie

246.7 mb?!

ok so i am barely updating my iPod to 2.0.1 and noticed it is 200+ mb. Now if it fixed all the bugs in 2.0 i wouldnt be upset but if it does nothing, like i have read here, why such a big file? For those who have already updated, how much space does this take up on the ipod? I already have 256 mb of "other" and i dont want anymore.

18. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I didn't notice any lack of space on my iPod since updating, but then again, I didn't look to take notice, so it can't be much. But unlike the others, 2.0.1 has been working near-flawlessly for me, the only issue I am seeing is that the keyboard lag is still present, but not as bad as before.

19. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

witeness - has anyone else reported to you having a problem with the green dot?

20. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

It only appears after you bring up lyrics and then touch the screen again to get rid of them. It shows up for a split second as the lyrics fade, and then it's gone. Hardly a major issue.

21. seeny macrumors regular

i wasn’t going to upgrade for a few day to see how it went for other people but i just couldn’t resist, all went ok with no problems, sorry to say whiteness but i have no green dot when i bring up the lyrics, didn’t have it with 2.0 and don't have it with 2.0.1

22. eftrix macrumors member

The reason that it is that big of a file is because it also includes the previous bug fixes ect. like on the sony psp, the max update they can ever have is 30mb, so they cant do much more, or else get rid of some of the other features!!

23. sUGArDawg macrumors regular

sUGArDawg

Wow, you really can't please anyone.

I came from Windows forums where everyone whines and complains to the greener pastures of Apple....where, apparently (at least on these forums), everyone whines and complains.

Realize what you have, and how good we have it. Realize this...and shut up

24. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

You're new here....and I like you already! :D

25. Zieg3rman macrumors member

Exactly....OH NO!! There is a green dot on my music/video internet enabled mobile computing ipod!!! Life sucks...