2.0.2 jailbreak - mistake?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Trouserpants, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Trouserpants macrumors newbie

I'm a bit new to all this jailbreaking malarky... I bought a second hand touch a couple of days ago and set to jailbreaking it in order to do all of the cool things I've seen on the internet...

It came with 2.0.2 firmware installed on it, I'm on limited internet at the moment so rather than download some massive earlier firmware package I fiddled around with various pwning programs until i found one that worked with the new firmware.

But now most of the neato apps I was promised are nowhere to be found! I'm assuming its because they havn't been developed yet...? islsk, mnplight, ispazio tools... its seems all the reasons I had to jailbreak the thing are now moot.

What do I do about this? bittorrent a hefty package and downgrade to an earlier firmware? wait it out until the developers catch up?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

What's out there in terms of Jailbreak apps is fairly limited for all 2.0.x firmware revisions, so unless you are willing to go all the way back to 1.1.5, I think your major option is to start exploring the App Store.... You do still have your basics -- Kate is still available via Installer, your theming tools, etc.

3. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

You need to pull down the ipsw file and quick pwn. Quick and easy Jailbreak that a way.