2.0 Firmware bugs, problems and questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by orpheusmyth, Jul 11, 2008.

1. orpheusmyth macrumors member

I'm opening this tread to all those that have managed to update to 2.0 version, legally or illegally, (that's really not my problem), and have problems with it.

I'm also posting my problems.

I'm verifying that sometimes, after the update, my iPod Touch gets a bit slow, like some glitches.
    I can't also find the multiple calendar task that they announce at apple's website.

2. mekopolis macrumors regular

From my experiences

The Applications continously crash
    ---
    uninstall them, (dont load 100's the first try like i did, it takes forever to clean up)

sycn them, then turn off your ipod, and turn back on, and they work
    its a pain, but its more of a pain to have paid 10 bucks for an application to have it contiously crash

---

2.0 seems to have messed with codecs
    h.264 High Quality Codecs (from Total Video Convertor) are no longer supported, but Standard h.264 are

---

When typing passwords/passcodes, it will show you for a second the character that you typed, then it will change to *
    , interesting...freaked me out at first

---

Remote App, I have no idea how to use it, the instructions are to vague, hopefully someone can help me out on that

...In general...It took me hours to Reload on all my Songs/Video and crap
    and I have synced the touch more than 100 times today...and the battery got really really hot...but most of the glitches are gone

3. kinchee87 macrumors regular

kinchee87

I'm getting really choppy frame rates when I use the cube animation for viewing a slide show.

If I press the 'Go' button quickly after typing my password into the password field of a website, I can actually see the last letter I've typed. Only after a while does the letter turn into the 'anonymous' ball.

Keyboard seems a liitle slow for me as well...

4. kinchee87 macrumors regular

kinchee87

'Remote' seems really easy to use. Just connect to wifi (presume of has to be on the same network). A passcode will come up in the app and an entry for your iPod touch as a remote will appear in iTunes. Select the Remote and type in the passcode. Now you can pretty much contol your iTunes like the iPod app.

5. orpheusmyth thread starter macrumors member

The "last letter"+password issue, I really do think that is not one. I think it's a feature and that's kind of handy when dealing with large passwords. But that's just my opinion.

6. mekopolis macrumors regular

here is a big one, first load up a song from your music selection
    then go to the homescreen whilst the song is still playing in the background
    now try to go into an app [presumebly that has sound] like enigmo

hard crash, resets the ipod

anyone else experiencing this?

yeah the passcode thing is starting to grow on me
    and i still get no response from the remote.app
    i'm using itunes 7.7
    same wifi, even tried it connected
    i got nothing
    but i'll keep trying