2.0 Firmware Has YouTube Plugin for Safari!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by granka, Mar 29, 2008.

1. granka macrumors member

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

What's the point? When you click on a youtube link in safari now, it just closes safari and opens up the link in the youtube app.

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I believe that actually the YouTube video will play right in Safari. If you are on a webpage and a YouTube video was posted, you just see a question mark.

4. specops macrumors regular

Thats cool i guess, can't hurt. Hopefully its actually flash support lol (doubt it) :[

5. The Phazer macrumors 68030

The point is that the search interface in the YouTube app is crap.

There's no ability to watch your website bookmarks or subscriptions, no ability to search for a poster or watch another poster's videos, no support for channels, no ability to order searches by upload date rather than relevance...

All of the above can be done by the website. Now, granted, I think it would have been a lot easier to just make the search in the YouTube app less rubbish, but still - this will mean a quantum leap in the usability of YouTube on the phone, because at the moment the inability to actually find anything means I barely use it.

Phazer

6. slapguts macrumors 6502a

slapguts

I'd be happy with a simple safari add-on that let's you click a link to the youtube video instead of just getting the little ? icon.

7. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

I will be happy when I can use iMovie Mobile to upload videos to YouTube that I captured and edited on my iPhone. I dont need anything fancy, just basic trimming, transitions and adding iPod tracks for audio.