2.0 firmware mea culpa from last night

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fleshman03, Jul 12, 2008.

1. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

Ok boys and girls, I spoke too soon last night. I posted a link to a 2.0 iPod Touch firmware. Well it wasn't the official. For some reason, it was 5A345 and not the offical, 5A347, version. I thought it would have been the official one and a random website lied to me :)eek::eek::eek:) and as such, I lied to you. I apologize

lol.

Anyways, I was trying out 2.0 and just wanted to see what all the hoopla was about. I had/have full intentions of buying it.

And that is my problem. Does anyone know how to downgrade to 1.1.X? Click-option-install does not work. I tired downgrading iTunes to 7.5 and then doing that. No luck. I get an error 20. Anyone know of a way to get 1.1.X on there??

On a side note, for some reason Apple is letting those with 5A345 "restore" to 5A347. I have no idea why, but mine is currently running the official release. Interesting. Anyone notice something similar.

Oh and again, my bad.

2. tintinUK macrumors newbie

I was one of the folks that downloaded manually from the link yesterday. (Don't beat yourself up about it. No one put a gun to our heads!)

When I saw that the official upgrade link was up this morning I decided to go with it just in case what I downloaded was a beta. This is what I did (using v.7.7 of iTunes):

1. Clicked on the upgrade link from Apple's iPod Touch pages. That opened a page within iTunes which had a link to buy. Purchase went through ok.

2. The upgrade download started but very quickly finished after a couple of seconds. Presumably because I had the beta installed. I did step 1 again and got the message that I had already bought the upgrade and did I want to download again? I clicked yes but same thing - download stopped almost immediately. So...

3. The only way to force the download is to restore the iPod. As soon as I clicked on Restore, the official v2.0 upgrade started downloading and installing. After verification it then offers you the choice of using your last backup or starting fresh.

Job done.

TT

3. fleshman03 thread starter macrumors 68000

fleshman03

Cool. I'm going to try that link in the morning.

I'm glad you were able to purchase it. I felt a little guilty about it. And I do have to say that the official one runs smoother.