2.0 firmware password field bug?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ppilone, Jul 11, 2008.

1. ppilone macrumors 6502

I will say that I currently have the 2.0 firmware that was "leaked" on thursday running on an original iPhone (not restoring until the server problems are sorted out)

Since updating I noticed that every password field leaves the last character visible (as in not a bullet). I originally saw this with the AIM app and thought it was a problem with that but then started to notice it with safari. Basically as you type your password the most recent character shows up as the character and the previous one turns into a bullet

Anyone else notice this problem? For anyone that restored from the leaked 2.0 see it in the "official" release?

2. velvetelvis macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

yea i noticed it also. kinda weird, but after you hit enter it turns into a bullet.

3. admanimal macrumors 68040

This is the intended behavior. It allows you to verify that you are typing the correct character.

4. sva macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure it's a feature, so you can see if you're typing the correct password.

5. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

I thinks its supposed to be like that, so you can see if you are putting in the right characters. I personally love it, it isn't like other people aren't hovering over my should when I put in passwords.

6. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

This was intentionally put into 2.0 by Apple so users do not type their passwords in wrong.

7. ppilone thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies - seems like a strange feature but I can understand its purpose

And besides - in software aren't all "bugs" just added "features" :p

8. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

I noticed this yesterday with 2.0 on my old phone; however, my 3G phone is doing the same thing, so I'm guessing it's by design as stated above.