2.0 GHz Glassbook is a Gaming Laptop

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MacBook08, Nov 1, 2008.

1. MacBook08 macrumors regular

Well everyone, I just installed Windows XP Pro on my MacBook using Boot Camp so I could play Flight Simulator X. I was amazed! I turned up all the Display Settings to "Ultra High" which I could never do on my old HP and it hasn't stuttered for one second. It's extremely smooth and responsive and looks absolutely beautiful. I was even able to use my Glassbook's native screen resolution as well as turn on anti-aliasing. Now, I'm not a big gamer and I'm sure the big gamers would tell me otherwise but for me, I can actually see Flight Simulator the way it's supposed to be seen. Yay!! :D

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Agreed, I installed Need For Speed Carbon (Mac version) and on highest settings my Alu Macbook plays it perfectly. These newer Macs are definitely great for gaming. Sadly mine got returned and I ordered the new Macbook Air to be delivered soon. It too has the new Nvidia 9400M card, looking forward to playing NFSC on it!! :)

3. MacBook08 thread starter macrumors regular

Sounds awesome!! I haven't bought any new computer games in years but this MacBook has definitely got me into the mood. Time to start savin' up!:D

4. speed12 macrumors regular

Wow, that is VERY good news for me! FSX has always run well on my iMac but with the settings on medium-ish which is ok but you miss the eye candy. I'm probs going to swap to a 2.4 MacBook this week and FSX was the only one I was a bit worried about...great to hear it runs really well! Those NVidia chipsets/GPU's really seem to be doing the trick nicely!

5. pcguru83 macrumors 6502a

pcguru83

Yeah, I'm very impressed with the 9400M. I loaded up LEGO Star Wars II on my Macbook, and it plays great at the highest settings. I had purchased it about a year ago when I had a Macbook Pro, but couldn't play it any longer since it wouldn't play on the Mini and I had gotten rid of the MBP. It's great to be able to game again on my Mac!

(Agreed though, I'm not a huge gamer, but it should allow me to do it just enough to keep from having to get a console.) :)