2.0 Release time.. not what we wanted.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Robby C, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Robby C macrumors regular

Robby C

First off I'm new to this forum so if you could all just bare with me :p

Anyhow, I just got off the phone with an Apple Representative and asked him about the servers. Unfortunately, and not to my surprise, he gave me the answer I, myself, and most people on this forum don't want to hear. It's 8:13pm Easter Coast (USA) and the Rep. said that the servers MIGHT be running much later tonight, and possibly by tomorrow. I wasn't sure how many of you knew this, but I knew that there were some people out there that were curious, and just wanted to clear up some of that.

So the official release date for ipodtouch 2.0 software IS...*unknown*

2. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

I'm seeing 6-9PM PDT release..

Aren't the iTunes Activation Servers already back up though? Doesn't Apple just need to release the update now?

3. Robby C thread starter macrumors regular

Robby C

That's what I was thinking... but I guess not, I wish they'd release it now.

4. redking31591 macrumors 6502

according to some websites the iphone update is up and running all we need now is the touch software.

5. Maxamillious Suspended

6. Robby C thread starter macrumors regular

Robby C

oops, I'll clear that up, I meant to type Ipodtouch but wrote iphone.
    But yeah all I know is that it's what he said, "ipodtouch 2.0 software will be released later tonight, or possibly tomorrow"
    This is a pain though :(

7. antibact1 macrumors 6502

I suspect the reason the 2.0 Touch firmware is not yet available is due to a failure in the firmware protection mechanism for the store. This would account for the previous leak of the firmware this morning directly from their content delivery network. In the XML firmware file from the iTunes store, the Touch firmware URL is prefixed with protected:// but it seems this morning it wasn't working. They are likely trying to get this back up and running so people will actually have to pay for it. A little too late now that thousands of people have downloaded the firmware and it is circulating all over the internet.

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

yet i can get it for my ipod touch now

edit: apparently not anymore lol

9. GamecockMac macrumors 6502a

GamecockMac

I think I'll just chill and let all the early adopters continue to pull their hair out clump by clump over this "disaster." I'll spend a beautiful weekend enjoying my time away from work, there's nothing in the App Store I need on my iPod THAT badly, that I can't wait until next week to get it. ;)

10. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Antibact1, that is exactly what i was thinking, they want to make sure it is released and will cost people