2.0 release ...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kb152, May 21, 2009.

1. kb152 macrumors member

I've been trying to remember if 2.0 was released at before iPhone 3g was actually made available last year. I know the phone was announced in June and released in July, but I can't remember if 2.0 was available in June or July for first gen owners.

I'm hoping 3.0 will be available in June, of course.

2. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

3. actorkid macrumors 6502

2.0 was officially released i think the day before the 3G was released, maybe even the day of...but the firmware leaked to the public a couple days beforehand.

chances are, you're going to have to wait until the new iPhone is released (if there is one) to get the 3.0 firmware...not when it is announced (if announced at WWDC)

4. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

If I recall correctly, they released 2.0, the 3G AND rolled out MobileMe within mere hours of each other. They ran into a number of issues as a result. Will they be ambitious enough to try this again? We'll just have to wait and see, but I wouldn't be totally surprised if they let the 3G owners get at 3.0 before the next version of the iPhone is released.

5. kb152 thread starter macrumors member

6. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

I really wish they would do that, I was one of those in line a little long due the fact everybody was downloading the new update and all those buying the iphone and getting it activated all at the same time

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It was released a couple days later for the iPod touch; I remember because I had spent $100 on apps before 2.0 was released, but nowhere to use them on.