2.0 software compatible w/ Pioneer DEH-P7000BT ???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jreamsnyder, Aug 29, 2008.

1. jreamsnyder macrumors member

I have a Touch with the 2.0 software update. Has anyone used this with the Pioneer DEH-P7000BT car head unit? Crutchfield.com only lists versions 1.1.1 as officially compatible, but I've read of iphone 3G users saying theirs works with the unit, so shouldn't an Ipod touch with essentially the same software? By compatible, I mean the head unit recognizes, charges, and lets you control music on the head unit via the USB connection. Any help or experience would be appreciated.

2. ChristopheJD macrumors regular

I'm not entirely sure, but if you have a big electronics retailer near you, I'd suggest heading down there and plugging your iPod in to see if it works.

3. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

If the iPhone 3g works fine, then your iPod touch will too. They use basically the same OS, with a few differences. It is so similar, that sometimes if you plug in your iPod touch really fast then unplug it, iTunes will say something like "iTunes could not communicate with the iPhone ".""

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

It ought to work. The dock connector is still the same.

Heck my iPhone even works with my Pioneer head unit which officially only supports the iPod (not touch). All I have to do is slowly plug it in, wait for it to beep and then plug it in the rest of the way. Bingo, it charges, I can control it from my head unit and make/answer calls with audio fading out. So everything works as normal. Strange I know.

5. jreamsnyder thread starter macrumors member

Just thought I would follow up on the issue.

Just installed the Pioneer DEH-P7000BT and it does work perfectly with my ipod touch w/ 2.0 software. No more bulky adapter unit for me!!! Couldn't be happier. And for anyone who cares, the bluetooth connection paired up just fine with my Verizon wireless LG EnV2 phone.