2.0 update will be out on this 29th sunday

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmpvir, Jun 27, 2008.

1. jmpvir macrumors newbie

hi everyone

i think the 2.0 iphone update will be out this sunday because it is iphones first birthday and as steve jobs said in the keynotes it will be released somewhere in june

so i think it is coming
    :):):):):):)

2. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

nope, the apple press release clearly states that 2.0 will be released on july 11th.

3. jmadlena Guest

I think he said early July. But I could be wrong. Anyone else remember?

EDIT: sr5878 is correct.

4. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhh :cool:

5. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

although u should be disappointed cuz its 2 WHOLE WEEKS

6. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Ahem... just to clarify what the above posters said...

"iPhone 2.0 software will be available on July 11 as a free software update via iTunes® 7.7 or later for all iPhone customers." That goes for the iPod touch also.

And BTW, I doubt Apple would ever release a product on a Sunday anyways... and at WWDC Steve Jobs clearly stated early July as the new release date.

But contradicting that.. in the March 6th v2.0 Software Beta Press Release.. they never changed the text..

"Apple® today previewed its iPhone™ 2.0 software, scheduled for release this June" and "Apple plans to release the final iPhone 2.0 software, including the iPhone SDK and new enterprise features, as a free software update for all iPhone customers by the end of June." Weird, huh?

7. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

I think I can wait for the 2.0 software until July 11. I would rather have it all at once anyhow, the 3G iPhone and the 2.0 software update.

8. bmms8 macrumors 68020

it would make no sense to release the 2.0 software before the iPhone 3G. That is a big part of that phone and it should and will debut with the new phone.

9. newyorksole macrumors 68020

Yeah I would rather experience the 2.0 software on my iPhone 3G.

10. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Oh yeah, and here is ANOTHER thread about release date, but this one is a little more accurate with facts.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=506329

Oh yeah, Arn also posted this on the the front page. Really, it's only a few stories down, not to hard to bypass.