2.0 vs 2.3 rMBP 15 Haswell lower temerature

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by coyotte, Dec 27, 2013.

1. coyotte macrumors newbie

Hi, can anyone help me,
    I try've been tring rMBP 2.3 ghz/750M for some days and it little bit hot for me,
    I've used it just for watching youtube and surfing the web ....

2.0 ghz/Iris vs 2.3 ghz/750M who will be colder?

2. raptor402 macrumors 6502

The 2.0 GHz/IrisPro will definitely be slightly cooler, but it really won't be noticeable. If one is too hot for you, the other will most likely be too.

If you feel that the temperature is due to the 750M, you can try out gfxCardStatus and switch to the IrisPro and check the temperatures.

Regards
    Raptor

3. Shmanky macrumors regular

My 2.3 GHz/16 GB/750 M/Haswell is the coolest Mac I've owned out of 3 and I've had no desire to use smcFanControl to turn up the fans so I'm really happy about that. But the display is yellow so it's not perfect. But I really think the heat could be a per-unit issue so other machines could run hotter than others.

4. coyotte thread starter macrumors newbie

What middle temperature of your mac when idle, surfing, highload?

5. Shmanky macrumors regular

Sorry, I haven't been monitoring my temperatures. If it's important to you, please give me some instructions on how to determine that.

6. tubbymac macrumors 65816

tubbymac

I tested on my 2.0 ghz/Iris and have the following results:

1) Using SAFARI without Flash, the computer is STONE COLD even after hours of browsing. The drawback of this is that only the HTML5 supported videos on Youtube will display. The other ones will show a "you must install flash to view this video" message. Even my 2012 rMBP would get very slightly warm with Safari.

2) Using CHROME, the computer gets warm after hours of youtube. This is about the same as the 2012 rMBP I had before.