2.0 vs 2.3 rMBP 15 Haswell lower temerature

coyotte

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
Hi, can anyone help me,
I try've been tring rMBP 2.3 ghz/750M for some days and it little bit hot for me,
I've used it just for watching youtube and surfing the web ....

2.0 ghz/Iris vs 2.3 ghz/750M who will be colder?

raptor402

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2011
Hi, can anyone help me,
I try've been tring rMBP 2.3 ghz/750M for some days and it little bit hot for me,

The 2.0 GHz/IrisPro will definitely be slightly cooler, but it really won't be noticeable. If one is too hot for you, the other will most likely be too.

If you feel that the temperature is due to the 750M, you can try out gfxCardStatus and switch to the IrisPro and check the temperatures.

Regards
Raptor

Shmanky

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2005
Toronto
My 2.3 GHz/16 GB/750 M/Haswell is the coolest Mac I've owned out of 3 and I've had no desire to use smcFanControl to turn up the fans so I'm really happy about that. But the display is yellow so it's not perfect. But I really think the heat could be a per-unit issue so other machines could run hotter than others.

coyotte

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
My 2.3 GHz/16 GB/750 M/Haswell is the coolest Mac I've owned out of 3 and I've had no desire to use smcFanControl to turn up the fans so I'm really happy about that. But the display is yellow so it's not perfect. But I really think the heat could be a per-unit issue so other machines could run hotter than others.
What middle temperature of your mac when idle, surfing, highload?

tubbymac

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2008
Hi, can anyone help me,

I tested on my 2.0 ghz/Iris and have the following results:

1) Using SAFARI without Flash, the computer is STONE COLD even after hours of browsing. The drawback of this is that only the HTML5 supported videos on Youtube will display. The other ones will show a "you must install flash to view this video" message. Even my 2012 rMBP would get very slightly warm with Safari.

2) Using CHROME, the computer gets warm after hours of youtube. This is about the same as the 2012 rMBP I had before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.