2.0 vs 2.4

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by wondering, Nov 24, 2008.

1. wondering macrumors newbie

Guys, I need to buy a laptop tomorrow,

is it worth upgrading to 2.4 for an extra 200GBP?

I plan to play far cry 2 on the laptop, will it run well on either one of them?

ur replies are much appreciated

2. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Extra speed, backlit keyboard and 90GB more of drive space. I think so. Some may not.

3. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I agree, I thing it was worth it.

4. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

The lighted keyboard was what sold me! You have to see it, it's awesome

5. silverblack macrumors 68020

silverblack

I'm not sure what you meant by 'is it worth it?'

If you are asking whether Apple made a mistake in setting the price difference between the 2 models (too low or too high), then I think it's highly unlikely.

If you are asking whether we think you can justify spending more for the added features of the 2.4 model, how would we know?

If you are asking whether we think we can justify spending more for the added features of the 2.4 model, why would it matters to you?

The difference in performance between the two models are measurable, but you are not likely to notice a HUGE difference. Especially the day-to-day tasks like web surfing, emails, word processing, iLife apps, playing music and movies, the two models perform essentially the same.

6. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

This is simply false - you will notice a substantial difference depending, of course, on what you use the machine for. That said, I 100% agree with everything else that post said.

In terms of Far Cry 2, the MB is not designed for gaming (especially new games). You could probably run it on very low settings, though. If you want a computer for gaming, then a Mac is the wrong choice. You could spend half as much for twice the power and an inferior OS. Choose wisely.