2.02 Doesnt Do a Damn Thing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bernie-Mac, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

this is getting really frustrating, after two x.x.1 firmwares of "bug fixes" nothing has changed. Still have lag, websites jump when typing, apps crash now more than ever, my 3g isn't any better, and I now don't get sound when I receive texts...I love my iPhone but this is getting really annoying Apple, I believe in the placebo effect now because the last two firmwares have collectively done nothing. 2.1 can't come fast enough

2. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

3. Yasic macrumors member

Yasic

Hello, i'm in too. Had some really important pics on my phone made yesterday, 2hrs later it crashed and was stuck on the apple logo. restore, backup, f****ed up

4. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Patience grasshopper. Apple can and will fix...eventually.

5. rioja macrumors regular

I agree. And predict the fix will be called"4G" :D

6. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

uhhuh, keep dreamin' ;)

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

8. gsbedi macrumors newbie

Get out of here troll.

Hey, I've experienced that if you do a full restore (wipe everything... DFU mode, restore, etc...) and DO NOT backup your phone from a previous saved backup that the phone does NOT act up with the new firmwares. I have done this with 2.0.2 and quickpwned it and have not experienced any lag with typing and less frequent crashes of Safari. Give it a shot.

9. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

word up. I'm still thinking about getting one of these suckers for xmas too!

10. kis macrumors 65816

After this update I'm seriously considering the HTC Touch Diamond. I used to be totally iPhone crazy but since push email doesn't work reliably either anymore on my iPhone, I'm considering selling it

peter

11. MotionxxUSxx macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

strange, my phone works great. Good luck with the touch diamond. Enjoy the lag on windows mobile. I could never go back to WM. Memory leaks, constant rebooting, those are my memories of using a WM device.

12. stevearm macrumors 6502a

13. amarcus macrumors 6502

Put my name down on the guest list.

It's almost getting to the stage where we should start a macrumours sweepstake - how many more updates till apple fix the lag? I vote 3.

14. cantankerously macrumors regular

Just because your problems aren't resolved doesn't mean the updates are placebos. Stop crying and return the thing, it's probably defective.

15. kis macrumors 65816

mine worked great until 2.0.1. My wife's showing the same issues - I really don't think it's HW-related.

16. iWally macrumors member

I've had no problems other than AIM crashing and that's happened since release.

17. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

2.02 may not do anything, but 2.01 sure did. It screwed my iPhone up to a point where I couldn't fix it for hours. I'm passing on the 2.02 release because it is only there to screw with us.

18. Samuel88 macrumors newbie

I thought you were talking about the iPhone!

19. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

2.0.2, and 2.0.1 have both worked wonders...for iphone forum owners seeking higher ad revenue from higher traffic. :)

20. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

My prediction is that the only way that we will ever get these problems fixed in down the line actually buying a new hardware version of the phone. Even if you can convince Apple to replace your phone for whatever reason, they will probably not have new hardware replacement phones available for some time.

21. dog352 macrumors member

The update definitely worked for me. I get 3g in areas where I never did before. In the areas where I don't get 3g, the edge is improved. Also, the 3G speeds and edge speeds are faster. The iphone is still buggy and needs work, but it is at least tolerable now.

22. wildmilne macrumors regular

Yeah whatever, when they release the next one it all starts over, untested buggy software/hardware.

23. kis macrumors 65816

uhm, that's exactly how my iPhone 3G is behaving - 1-2 reboots per day, about 10 application crashes / memory leaks per day, lags when entering text (SMS, e-mail and websites). I hated the look and feel of my HTC TyTN II but it was never this unstable, sorry. I played with a Touch Diamond the other day and have to say that their GUI is very nice and polished now - even the keyboard now works.

peter

24. MotionxxUSxx macrumors 6502

I've maybe had one reboot since July 11th. The phone is working great. I dont know what to tell you except to try a full restore, but I'm sure you;ve tried it already.

25. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

It's very early....

---just updated to 2.02 today and so far I have noticed that the lags between contacts and SMS features are gone.

My most pressing issue, however, is the several times a day Safari crashes. After Safari crashes, the phone always reverts to the home screen, and a few times the phone automatically performed a hard restore, on its own. I did not have one crash prior to the 2.01, but hopefully these issues are finally resolved with this firmware update.

Jude