2.02 SMS keyboard lag

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattpreston11, Aug 19, 2008.

1. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

not been fixed still,just had it.ffs

2. dual64bit macrumors 6502

Interesting, I don't see the point in updating my version 1 iPhone then. I hope SMS keyboarding is fixed sooon!!!

3. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

I second this.

4. philgilder macrumors 68000

ive never had keyboard lag... and 2.0.2 genuinely feels faster

5. davidlw macrumors 6502a

Still the same, lags way too long when doing a search in Contacts.

6. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Yep. Earlier today I showed the iPhone (which I purchased yesterday) to a friend of mine. He's been on the fence about iPhone because he's often texting without looking at the display, and that's a no-go with iPhone. So I thought I'd try to impress him anyway, fired up the SMS application and presto: lagging like crazy with the big letters staying on the screen for ages after I released the keys... he's no longer on the fence, he's very relieved about having resisted the temptation to buy an iPhone. Nice 'money shot', Apple...

7. trunksu macrumors 6502

i have a friend that won't switch to iphone just because she can't text without looking too. she's very impressed by the phone but not being able to text without looking is a big turn-off for her.

8. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Every person I talked to, who doesn't want an iPhone, disses it for not having buttons.

They will HAPPILY give everything else up for buttons to type with.

9. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

I bet a number of those people do a lot of texting while driving. It's a habit I certainly don't practice or condone, but if these daredevils can't be stopped then I would rather they stick to whatever they have and NOT buy an iPhone, as this would force them to take their eyes off the road.