2.0Ghz Macbook - backlit keyboard or not?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dcorban, Oct 14, 2008.

1. dcorban macrumors 6502a

dcorban

So the notes I read from the keynote only mentioned backlighting with the 2.4Ghz model.

The "tech specs" listed on Apple's site do not list backlighting for the 2.0Ghz model, but do list it for the 2.4Ghz model.

However, when I go to order a 2.0Ghz, it clearly shows "Backlit keyboard" as standard. It isn't an option (although you can pick between english or spanish). I checked both the Canada and US store and both give backlit as standard.

Who is right? If I order online, will I get backlit? Is it some sort of online thing only? Am I going to get hosed when I go to the Apple store tomorrow to buy a standard model and it doesn't come with backlighting?

2. mike... macrumors member

OMG how about you read the million threads that already exist on this topic

3. dcorban thread starter macrumors 6502a

dcorban

Meh, I called the Apple 800 number and the guy said he was "absolutely sure" the 2.0Ghz does not have backlighting. So (online) buyer beware.

4. dcorban thread starter macrumors 6502a

dcorban

For what it's worth, I scanned the first page of threads and saw zero related to backlighting on the 2.0Ghz Macbook. Double checking now, I see one. single. thread.

Grow up and go **** on someone else's thread. Based on your other replies you are just trying to up your post count or you need a new hobby (maybe both).

5. youssefm macrumors 6502

OMG this is getting so confusing??!! apple reps told me it DID have it

6. tekmoe macrumors 68000

The updated MacBook also incorporates some sensible upgrades from older configurations. Two gigabytes of memory are standard, and a $1,599 configuration adds the wonderful backlit keyboard that Apple had previously reserved for its pricier, pro-oriented laptops. (The online Apple Store indicates that the $1,299 MacBook also features keyboard backlighting, but company spokeswoman Teresa Weaver said earlier today that this listing was incorrect.)

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fasterforward/2008/10/apples_laptops_go_upscale_in_a.html

Sorry suckaz, if you want the backlit keyboard, you gotta pay the big bucks!