2.1 and the Jailbreak, What I have noticed

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TheCheapGeek, Sep 14, 2008.

1. TheCheapGeek macrumors 6502

Ok, i just finished using the Pwnage tool for mac to Jailbreak my 3G. And I noticed that winterboard info.plist files can no longer make the dock icons transparent independently of the un-docked icons. Also i have been installing cracked apps to try them before i buy them, and it seems that 2.1 may have broken cracked apps witch overall is good, I now want demos of all the apps more than ever. Anyone else noticing anything funny?

2. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

People who have Jailbroken and done the MobileInstallation thing again say they work fine..

3. sjorge macrumors member

Customize seems to be broken. Few people I know on 2.1 get the same message.

That it's can't work offline. We can download themes and apply (well it sais it did) but nothing happens after a reboot

4. albinoAZN macrumors regular

All of my cracked apps work fine, except for Monkey Ball. I'm going to try to fix that as soon as the site I get my files from goes back online.

5. PYR0M310N macrumors 6502a

PYR0M310N

I use the Gez theme through Winterboard and that doesn't show up properly anymore, all the icon's have strange lines through them, so have just gone back to the default for now.

Also the icon for snapture app seems to be zoomed into one corner.

6. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

Saurik knows there are problems and he is updating winterboard as we speak i believe

7. Enigmafan420 macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

I cant get cracked apps to work either-after I cyberduck the new moibleinstallation file over to the phone and change the permissions-my phone will not reboot.

Anyone know why?

8. ignus graius macrumors regular

I posted this in another thread, but my iPhone Video Recorder (the one that encodes) won't launch with the new firmware. I've switched to Cycorder though, which has better quality, but the file sizes are larger and it won't upload to YouTube.

9. JL7 macrumors member

Are you using the 2.1 MobileInstallation file and not the older one

Just read that it wont reboot, the older file is definitely your problem, as I had the same issue...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pcrxy6

10. myemaildw macrumors regular

After installing a cracked application i get a message "The application "Anatomy" cannot be opened"

Update
    It's ok, after downloading any (paid or free) application from App Store Anatomy app started working.
    Also had to set up an account with iTunes using my credit card to download an application from App Store.

11. bushido Suspended

bushido

did u make the Documents folders in "Applicatons" and "mobile" with *777*

12. maniacodoiphone macrumors newbie

Cracked Apps Not Showing Solution

Also try to delete or rename /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist

Apps may show after this