2.1 application syncing problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iNurse, Sep 20, 2008.

1. iNurse macrumors newbie

I've been having a problem synching my iPod Touch applications ever since 2.1 was updated onto my iPod. After I installed 2.1, most of my applications would not launch at all, they would crash instantly. So I deleted them from my iPod and updated what needed to be updated in iTunes, and continued to try to reinstall the apps via syncing, with all my boxes check-marked to install them. During the sync, it goes through the nifty fast 2.1 backup, but then only syncs for about 5 seconds or less before it's done, not changing anything. I also do have my music on manual manage, so it only needs to sync my applications. Any of you having this problem? Or any advice on what I could try? I've tried all the obvious of relaunching iTunes and powering off the iPod in different orders, but that doesn't seem to help at all. I'm desperate to get all my apps back, and would like to avoid restoring the iPod, since I don't want to lose all my music and settings. Thanks for the help guys.

2. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Lose your music? Are you syncing it with a different computer than the music is stored on? That would explain some issues I think.

If you click 'restore' it will give you the option to back up your settings. That might be your best chance.

3. iNurse thread starter macrumors newbie

Well by losing my music I meant the time it will take to sift through my collection and put everything back on my iPod. My goal is to try to figure out this problem without having to do a restore. Especially if this happens in the future, I'd like to know what is causing the problem and how to fix it. But you're right, I've been adding music from my macbook and my iMac, perhaps that is the problem. But I thought manually managing my music wouldn't cause this problem. What to do, what to do. :confused:

4. Sojourn macrumors member

I would think that how and from where you're adding your music shouldn't affect your apps -- information such as contacts, bookmarks, applications, etc. seems to be sync'd separately from music and video when they are set to be manually managed.

Did you add music from multiple computers in the past without having any problems with your applications, or did the app problems start at the same time you added music from multiple computers? Also, you're always logged in to the same iTMS account from all the computers you're syncing with, right?

Take care,
    Sojourn

5. Sojourn macrumors member

Any more news on this problem? Did you figure out a solution, or does someone else have any more insight for you?

Take care,
    Sojourn