2.1 "genius" playlist .... bug or not?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by icepulse, Sep 10, 2008.

?

Have you experienced the "disappearing" Genius playlist on your device?

1. You bet!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Tried to recreate it, but I'm not experiencing this problem.

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. icepulse macrumors newbie

I didn't post this under troubleshooting because:

A) Not sure if it's a bug.
    B) I want the most people to see it.

Anyway. Installed 2.1 without a hitch. Didn't see this "genius" option in the playlist section UNTIL I dragged it from the iTunes playlist section to the iPhone icon. After that, all "genius" playlist features (on the phone itself) are accessible.

However.... here's what I'm noticing; If you go into other apps, and just generally fish around for a while, the "genius" playlists you've created via the "genius" function seem to disappear. The feature is unharmed, but the iPhone seems to forget the created "genius" lists.

Not a big, big deal, but why? Please test this out and see if you get the same results. Then, post impressions here.

2. bmwpowere36m3 macrumors 6502

3. snverhallen macrumors 6502a

We can't really test this out because 2.1 isn't available for the iPhone yet. Maybe your talking about the iPod touch?

snverhallen

4. icepulse thread starter macrumors newbie

So I am.

Well, when you get it, see if it affects you.

5. snverhallen macrumors 6502a

So you have 2.1 for the iPhone already?

snverhallen

6. icepulse thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope. It's a Touch, but same OS, right? I figured more folks will see an iPhone question.

7. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

8. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

I respectfully disagree. The more we know and discuss about 2.1 in general, the more accurate expectations we will have before it becomes available for the iPhone. That is my take.

9. icepulse thread starter macrumors newbie

Precisely. People tend to throw up blinders immediately, if a post goes up that isn't in exactly the right area, even if said post holds some applicability to the chosen forum.

10. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

I agree. I am having trouble with the copy-paste features in 2.5. Sure it's not in the current iPhone OS, but I wanted to make sure people had more accurate expectations when Apple finally releases it to the iPhone owners. ;)

11. bmwpowere36m3 macrumors 6502

:D

12. bmwpowere36m3 macrumors 6502

You should add a poll option... "I've tried to duplicate the results, and I can't because my iphone doesn't seem to have this magical 2.1 ;)"

13. icepulse thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, Lordy. It's 2 days away for you guys!

Anyway, point taken. I'm just delighted to be in a forum where people are pleasant about their reprisals! What a breath of fresh air.
    :eek:

14. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

Just to be clear, firmware 2.1 is available for the iPod touch. I fail to see how it could be much different than the upcoming version for the iPhone when it comes to the common features.

For instance, 2.1 for the touch fixes the issue where the icons of updated apps were moved to empty spots on the home screens. Now I can expect the same fix to show up in the 2.1 for the iPhone. If ten more people would see the same behaviour, then my expectation would be more accurate. :)