2.1 GUI Jailbreak Officially Released!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Rapmastac1, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Well if anyone has been following my thread on the progress of the hacking, you should know by now that some people have hacked it. Well now (it only took about four hours) we have a GUI Jailbreak. http://www.quickpwn.com/ - Enjoy!

I haven't used this method myself, but it does work very well!!!

Rock on baby.

2. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Wow 4 hours?

Why can't these great programmers put their talents to something more useful than hacking a phone :confused:

3. Rapmastac1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Yeah, really. But there has to be a rebel for everything! They relied on an already set method though, they just improved upon it to work better.

They did an awesome job, to think we now have a GUI Jailbreak only a few days after the new OS. I dunno how long it's going to take to get into the newer Touch though.

4. thbt macrumors newbie

Looks like it's only for the Touch at the moment. Got my hopes up. :-/

Edit: Yes, I should have noticed that this is the Touch forums. :p

5. ipodtouchftw macrumors member

thanks for the post. im jailbreaking it now so ill tell u guys how it goes.

6. therealmrbob macrumors regular

therealmrbob

Yay =)
    I'll be updating in an hour or two.

Is it worth it? haha

Which package did you use?

The one from quickpwn.com?

7. JL7 macrumors member

Do you know if the MobileInstallation;) crack is working

8. rjflyn macrumors regular

Yeah if you have a Winblows computer. If you only have a Mac you are SOL.

9. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Dev Team

the dev team released there official version with a notice that they are NOT affiliated with quickpwn.com/org/net JUST iphone-dev.org

it is avalible at blog.iphone-dev.org

10. ipodtouchftw macrumors member

sorry guys, i live on the texas coast and hurricane ike knocked my power out so my internet just started working. i havent tried out cydia/installer yet but ill give u a review once i get all the stuff i want.

11. ipodtouchftw macrumors member

its working great so far. i havent tried out the mobileinstallation thing yet, but a friend of mine has and he said its working fine.

12. YodaEXE macrumors member

I wish this worked on the 2nd gen Touchs :( I want to jailbreak mine!

13. linden macrumors regular

linden

Hey guys. Im kinda a noob with all this...So I chould use some help. I downloaded quickpwn in the link in the first post. And I run Quickpwn. Press iPod touch. Then it will say browes. Where do I get the file from?

14. ipodtouchftw macrumors member

i cant tell you how to get it because i would probably get banned, i just got it through itunes but im sure u can google it to download it.

15. brightshadow360 macrumors member

if you need to locate the file on your computer and got the file legitimatly, then serch for "ipod update" or something along those lines. you will know the folder when you see it.

on another note... you have to jailbreak the firmware BEFORE you upgrade? if so, does this mean that I have to downgrade again before instaling the jailbroken version of the firmware?

16. hooplehead macrumors member

I'm also having trouble finding the firmware bundle you are supposed to browse for. Searched the Apple Software Update folder, iPod folder, and iTunes folder in "Program Files" but can't find it. Sorry, kind of newb.

17. BucketsTouch macrumors newbie

Hi, just ran Quickpwn seemed to work ok , boots with pineapple but no other changes, ie.. installer or cydia looks the same too me :confused: Also when I try to sync it just reboots the ipod. I guess I'm missing something :confused:

fw 2.1 -- 8gig ipod touch --

help me ... lol
    Mark

check back later -- work tomorrow @ 6:30am :cool:

18. brightshadow360 macrumors member

thats cus they hid it. and did a bad job of hiding it to. it's not in the itunes program folder. go to start->search for files and folders-> serch for itunes. you should find many more itunes folders then appered in programs. once you find the proper folder, place the firmware you downloaded into it. itunes should have no problems now.

19. BucketsTouch macrumors newbie

Got it working FINALLY!!!!

20. poodlenuts macrumors newbie

21. hooplehead macrumors member

Anyone know why my connection to Cydia and Installer always times out? Can't figure it out. Did the GUI Quickpwn, and have the icons, but when I go to open either one, it doesn't seem to be making a connection. I have a good wifi connection, as mail, safari, weather apps all work and connect.

22. itzdemo macrumors regular

itzdemo

LOL hacking iphones and touches is not there life.. it seems to be more of a hobbie for the dev team. as they all do have real jobs and doing very well for them selfs..

23. itzdemo macrumors regular

itzdemo

i pwn my touch using this and when i tryed to edit my MobileInstallation file and set it to 775 it got stuck on the boot screen and had to restore it..

it works.. but not to well. im going to wait till they make a new winpwn before i try 2.1 agin :(