2.1 locks up after 5 mins

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pitt1717, Sep 12, 2008.

1. pitt1717 macrumors 6502

as the title says. got to go to work and doing my second restore now. damn it....
    how can i redownload the software? even though its passing the verification part, i have a feeling something is wrong....my phone was fine on the previous updates

also, vol + and - respond as does the silent swich...top button does nothing

2. illitrate23 macrumors 6502a

illitrate23

i have the same problem, although i've not yet been able to restore back to the previous firmware

are you on a mac or windows? on a mac, you should be able to find the recent iPhone firmwares at:
    [your home directory]\Library\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates\

so go there, find the 2.1 firmware, delete it and then go back into iTunes and click the restore button. It'll find that it doesn't have a copy of 2.1 and will head off an re-download a new version. i hope that solves your problems, it's hasn't solved mine so i'm going to try and re-install the previous 2.0.2 firmware

3. pitt1717 thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the tip, just getting around trying it as we speak..... any luck on your end?

update:
    just reformated with the new download....seems more stable so far. 1 thing i did do different is to add 3 or 4 apps at a time, move to correct screen on the phone. then added more and so on. now i'm re-adding my music on...so we will see how it goes.
    thanks again for the firmware location