Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
So after 2.1, launching the SMS app still takes me 3 seconds, it use to be much faster under 1.1.4.

Here's to hoping the next update will fix this (been hoping since 2.0) :rolleyes:

Lexoticstylez02

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2007
Orlando, Florida
OMG a whole 3 seconds! That's quite fast considering mine takes almost double because of the amount of messages I have in there. If you're that picky, delete all your text messages, it'll launch faster.

Trajectory

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2005
Earth
Since 2.1, mine seems to open a bit faster. There is still a slight delay, but, it's only about 1 second.

Do you have a lot of saved conversations? If so, that might be why. I normally remove messages after I'm done with them, so, my SMS screen only has 1 saved conversation right now.

Jayden0606

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
Bergen County, NJ
I find the SMS app to be much improved from 2.0. Not only does it load faster, but I noticed that typing is a lot smoother. Even my dictionary is actually learning the words I've been trying since July 11th for it to learn.

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
Since 2.1, mine seems to open a bit faster. There is still a slight delay, but, it's only about 1 second.

Do you have a lot of saved conversations? If so, that might be why. I normally remove messages after I'm done with them, so, my SMS screen only has 1 saved conversation right now.

just tried it, deleted all my conversations except one, still, 3 seconds.

but as was mentioned, the keyboard lag seems to be completely gone, which is great. I just hope this launch lag is taken care of.

Thanks

iSaga

macrumors regular
May 25, 2008
Wow of all the ridiculous things people complain about this takes the cake. Geez a hole 3 seconds it takes to load, a joke indeed.

Trajectory

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2005
Earth
Wow of all the ridiculous things people complain about this takes the cake. Geez a hole 3 seconds it takes to load, a joke indeed.

Well, we do live in a world of instant communications and gratification. 3 seconds can seem like 10 seconds.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
OMG 3 seconds, are you kidding me. Seriously, sell the phone. Mine takes 2, if for some reason it slows down to 3 I'm totally taking mine back to the Apples.

Anuba

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2005
Ooooh 3 seconds, I smell a class-action lawsuit!!

Seriously. On my iPhone it takes about 1 second, probably because I flush out SMS messages on a regular basis. If you're that desperate to save a couple of seconds, stop collecting conversations like a squirrel stockpiling nuts.

On my old Symbian-based 3G phone it took about 5 seconds to enter SMS mode even when there were no messages in memory.

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
Ooooh 3 seconds, I smell a class-action lawsuit!!

Seriously. On my iPhone it takes about 1 second, probably because I flush out SMS messages on a regular basis. If you're that desperate to save a couple of seconds, stop collecting conversations like a squirrel stockpiling nuts.

On my old Symbian-based 3G phone it took about 5 seconds to enter SMS mode even when there were no messages in memory.

My what a friendly place this forum has become compared to a couple of years back :)

thanks for the help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.