2.1, SMS app launch still slow, what a joke

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by M. Malone, Sep 12, 2008.

1. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

So after 2.1, launching the SMS app still takes me 3 seconds, it use to be much faster under 1.1.4.

Here's to hoping the next update will fix this (been hoping since 2.0) :rolleyes:

2. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

OMG a whole 3 seconds! That's quite fast considering mine takes almost double because of the amount of messages I have in there. If you're that picky, delete all your text messages, it'll launch faster.

3. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

Since 2.1, mine seems to open a bit faster. There is still a slight delay, but, it's only about 1 second.

Do you have a lot of saved conversations? If so, that might be why. I normally remove messages after I'm done with them, so, my SMS screen only has 1 saved conversation right now.

4. Jayden0606 macrumors 6502

I find the SMS app to be much improved from 2.0. Not only does it load faster, but I noticed that typing is a lot smoother. Even my dictionary is actually learning the words I've been trying since July 11th for it to learn.

5. M. Malone thread starter macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

just tried it, deleted all my conversations except one, still, 3 seconds.

but as was mentioned, the keyboard lag seems to be completely gone, which is great. I just hope this launch lag is taken care of.

Thanks

6. iSaga macrumors regular

Wow of all the ridiculous things people complain about this takes the cake. Geez a hole 3 seconds it takes to load, a joke indeed.

7. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

Well, we do live in a world of instant communications and gratification. 3 seconds can seem like 10 seconds.

8. M. Malone thread starter macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

It use to be under 1 second on 1.1.4 :rolleyes:

9. max1018 macrumors member

max1018

No, sometimes on 1.1.2/3/4 it would take 3 seconds to load all the messages for me as well.

10. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

OMG 3 seconds, are you kidding me. Seriously, sell the phone. Mine takes 2, if for some reason it slows down to 3 I'm totally taking mine back to the Apples.

11. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Ooooh 3 seconds, I smell a class-action lawsuit!!

Seriously. On my iPhone it takes about 1 second, probably because I flush out SMS messages on a regular basis. If you're that desperate to save a couple of seconds, stop collecting conversations like a squirrel stockpiling nuts.

On my old Symbian-based 3G phone it took about 5 seconds to enter SMS mode even when there were no messages in memory.

12. M. Malone thread starter macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

My what a friendly place this forum has become compared to a couple of years back :)

thanks for the help