2.1 SMS Notification issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lentife, Oct 17, 2008.

1. lentife macrumors member

lentife

Hi everybody!
    I'm having this strange issue regarding the SMS notification, the number on the sms icon (like in mail and phone) to show unread messages. The fact is, that I actually read every message, though it continues to pretend if there was one unread message. It continues even though new messages arrive, one message is always "unread"... I actually can find no possible solution, I tried rebooting, but nothing...
    The only thing I can try is to delete all messages, but I don't want to lose them! I would need a mac program that backed up messages, but I tried Syphone and it didn't even work...
    MAN, EVERYTHING HAPPENS TO ME!! :mad:
    Do you have any suggestions?
    Thank you so much!!
    Fred

PS: It did not happen after sw update or things like that, just on a normal day...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GavinTan macrumors newbie

Hey mate, sorry I'm not here to present a solution :(

I'm experiencing the same problem as you, only in the app store. Hopefully someone can shed some light here.

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Restore your phones through iTunes. It'll back up before the restore and you'll have the option to set up your new phone as a backup of your old one, therefore restoring all of your old text messages.

4. lentife thread starter macrumors member

lentife

Solution

Hi! I found a solution for my problem!
    I didn't want to restore and backup, nor deleting all SMS.
    So, I tried to remember which SMS caused that problem. And I found out that it was a message sent from Vodafone (my service provider). When vodafone sent me again a message, it suddenly disappeared and now it works again!!
    Finally! :D
    Bye