2.1 Update from a Jailbroken phone...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by matsundinn, Sep 12, 2008.

1. matsundinn macrumors member

I was running 2.0.1 on a jailbroken iphone and I had a lot of apps, boss prefs etc etc.. I restored it and updated it to 2.0.2 or whatever the one before 2.1 was. This morning I updated to 2.1 and realized and all my apps I had before were still on my homescreen although I did a restore with my 2.0.2 update which is realllly confusing me.

Also, i had boss prefs installed to hide some icons such as weather and stocks but now I cant find the apps anymore and i dont have boss prefs to make them re-appear

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix some of these issues let me know

thanks

2. Knolly macrumors 6502a

You'd have to restore.

I did the same thing... I hid a ton of stuff with BossPrefs, including Settings... Oops.

Rather than bother with a restore I'm just gonna wait for an update to QuickPwn.

3. matsundinn thread starter macrumors member

If I do a restore now, will my previously hidden apps be back?

I did one previously and apparently it didnt do much because my old apps in my settings are still there along with my hidden apps still being hidden

4. stlblufan macrumors regular

One thing I screwed up in going from 2.0.1 --> 2.0.2 was that I lost all of my jailbreak apps and settings and such.

Is there any way to go from a jailbroken 2.0.2 --> 2.1 (once the dev team makes the software available, obvs) and retain all of the good stuff that is currently there??

5. dailo macrumors regular

I just updated my Jailbroken 2.0.2 to 2.1 without doing a full restore and it worked without any problems. Of course all my Jailbroken apps are now gone. Hopefully I can just quickpwn it when it comes out and get all my apps back.