2.1 vs 2.2 Stability

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by donm3ga, Nov 24, 2008.

1. donm3ga macrumors member

Wasnt at my computer all weekend, but I did hear about the new 2.2. People are raving about its stability. I remember when 2.1 came out people were raving about the same thing. As time wore on 2.1 became a little less stable and a little more laggy. I'm guessing 2.2 will be the same.

My question is: How does the 2.2 stability and responsiveness compare to 2.1 when it initially released?

Thanks, and I look forward to installing 2.2 tonight.

2. rfrankl macrumors 6502

I don't think I have had Safari crash once on me since it came out. Normally I would get a few here and there.

3. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

4. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Loving 2.2, much better than 2.1 at launch. Hopefully, it will stay that way in time...

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

As you point out, it's hard to judge since a 'fresh' system is obviously going to be better. The "updates" really actually wipe all OS files and replace them with the new ones. So things are going to be better at first no matter what.

That being said, I've been having GREAT stability since I updated on Friday. Recently on 2.1 Safari would crash about 10 times a day. Since I updated to 2.2 only 3 days ago I think I've had about 2 crashes in those 3 days. That's less than 1 per day.

That's a pretty dramatic difference. Even if it gets slightly worse over time I can't imagine it being as bad as it used to be on 2.1.

6. doug0365 macrumors member

I have to say that I was getting very annoyed with how unstable safari was for me on 2.1 but so far with 2.2 I have yet to experience a crash on safari and the phone defenetly feels quicker overall. I'm very happy with this new update! Now apple needs to atleast give us just ONE feature that everyone has been asking for 

7. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

So far so good. Safari was my biggest complaint, but I haven't had any issues with it yet on 2.2.