2.13Ghz mb air VS 2.26Ghz mb pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by montblanc1, Jun 20, 2009.

1. montblanc1 macrumors member

Even though the CPU of new macbook air (2.13GHZ) is a bit lower than that of macbook pro(2.26GHZ), however, the 128GB SSD HD performs better in mba than the traditional HD of mbp.

On the whole, which performs better?

Some people told me that even though the new air is of great improvement than previous products, it still could not compete with the lowest macbook pro!!! Is it real ???

2. qpid macrumors regular

3. zsnow macrumors regular

I have MBA revA before. I sold it and got uMBP.
    Not just performance. Let's ignore the price different.
    Consider the following:
    1:2 usb ports, do you need 2 usb ports? I found i always need 2.
    2:SD slot and FW. I need the SD but FW is not required now.
    3:Upgrade option: 4G Ram + much more SSD choice.
    4:Longer battery. 7 hours compare with 3 hours. is that important for you?
    5:Heating: Do you experience heating issue and noisy fan on MBA? like using youtube, HD movie, Flash website... You won't see them in MBP.
    6:Superdrive. Will you buy superdrive for MBA? I bought one. it's needed for installing OS. with MBP it's integrated.
    7:Ethernet: Do you still need use Ethernet cables? I don't use but you might need think about it.

Since uMBP 13' has almost the same quality screen as MBA and the weight /size is acceptable with the above benifits. I choice uMBP 13'

My last wish is apple fix the SATA2 issue and the uMBP will be a overkill.

4. montblanc1 thread starter macrumors member

It seems to me that the heating problem existed in macbook air is of great trouble to me since I am really a movie fan, watching movies a lot . Besides, I surf Internet very often, but actually I do not play computer games!

Apart from the heating problem, I really do not care about the disadvantage of the lack of USB port, superdrive, etc... It really does not matter, since I have friends owning macbook pro, and I can connect mba to his mbp wireless
    to install OS(XP)