2.2.1 & 3G Reception Problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by goodtrips, Feb 10, 2009.

1. goodtrips macrumors newbie

Have been using my 3G iphone since the day they were released back in July. I live in Chicago and am very familiar from daily use where in the city 3G dead spots are, where I bounce back to edge, etc.

Since upgrading over the weekend to 2.2.1, the phone's connection to any data connection is erratic. I can be standing completely still and bounce between edge, 3G, and back to edge all while trying to load one page. In fact, if I'm trying to load a page while the phone is on 3G (full bars) it will immediately switch to edge as soon as data begins to flow.

I just had my sim card replaced (per the other thread) with no change in behavior.

Anyone else experiencing behavior like this, or do I just have a genius bar appointment in my future?

2. Sebby macrumors 6502a

I have had the problems you describe with 2.1, 2.2, and 2.2.1! I certainly haven't found 2.2.1 to be any different. Maybe it's worth resetting your network settings.

3. timmat macrumors newbie

Same

I am running a jailbroken 3g. Same problems with 2.2.1, no problems prior. Really annoying, spotty data service, 3G to Edge, to nothing and back again. Even makes calls when displaying no network, but no data.

I hope Apple and AT&T can figure this garbage out.