2.2.1 iPhone iTunes asking for full account info...new??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spooky2k, Jun 2, 2009.

1. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

So, I went to purchase something on the App store this evening and it asked for my account info.

In my previous experience, it has asked me for my password only. I'd only synced my device (running 2.2.1) a few minutes before with iTunes 8.2. Since this is new behaviour, I have to ask:

1) Is there anyway of Apple adding this functionality to the iPhone without a firmware update?

2) Is it possible that Apple are going to enable certain 3.0 features through the iTunes/App store on the device (such as account handling)? If so, could this mean they are getting ready for a 3.0 release soon?

Update: Even though I put all the info in once already, the device isn't holding it. I was just prompted to put the info in again. ALSO: at the bottom of the front most page of both iTunes and App Store on my iPhone, my account name is showing and it is logged in (therefore telling me it has been synced and should only prompt for password
    Screen shot below:

[​IMG]

2. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

im gonna go with number 3). I'm pretty sure i had this a while ago but not sure.

3. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

you just got logged out somehow, we all did this when we first got our iphones..

4. pkoch1 macrumors 6502a

pkoch1

If you aren't logged in to your iTunes account in the iTunes store when you sync your iPhone, it will prompt for the username too.

5. spooky2k thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's the thing though....I AM logged in. I'm logged in according to iTunes on my mac AND according to my account name at the bottom of the iTunes/App Store pages and it's still asking me this?

I've used this device time and time again to download apps the exact same way (whilst being logged in like I am now), yet this is the first time this has happened (twice now in the past 2 hours). Sorry to say it, but this is something different to a first time log in or a log out problem.

6. spooky2k thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nope. not logged out. I updated my post to reflect the fact I am logged in on the device and my mac...yet it is still asking me for both.