2.2.1 now like 1.1.4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daneoni, Feb 6, 2009.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I was playing with my phone when it suddenly hit me that it is quite snappy now (I haven't done restore/reboot since 2.2.1 came out) and things generally respond immediately like they did in 1.1.4

Too bad the phone still chokes sometimes when you have too many things going like surfing, emailing, txting all whilst on a call but that's just due to the way the phone manages memory

Also noticed some bugs. E.g while I was typing this I held the backspace button for 2 secs to delete two words but instead the phone made sure it deleted the entire paragraph and some. Also sometimes when I press the home button, the phone refuses to wake up till I press 2 or more times (this is rare tbf)

Overall I still think 2.2.1 is far better than the atrociousness (is that even a word) that was 2.0-2.0.2 and is more like 1.1.4 although more tweaks could be made

Are people also finding the new firmware speedy or am I in dream land?

2. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I would actually call 2.2.1 one of the worse versions of the iPhone OS. I'm getting EXTREME lag in every app and excessive crashing the past few days and I have never had this on any version thus far. Loved 2.2, not 2.2.1. I don't know what it is, but it seems as if some software versions react differently with different iPhone's. I suppose I'm off to restore land...

3. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

heres a kicker for you... if you go to the extended keyboard and hold your finger on the middle line and scroll across, the £ sign doesn't 'blow up'

thought i'd share that

4. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Wow...that bad

Haha...you're right. Thats so funny.

5. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

no crashes in safari since update...so +1 for a nice upgrade