2.2 bricked my Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Iphonelvr, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Iphonelvr macrumors member

Maybe someone here can help .. I tried to update my Iphone 3g to 2.2 and now it will only show the connect to Itunes screen.. Been on the phone wiyh apple 5 times and still no luck.. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Itunes . created new user accounts , tried two different PCs , and tried to restore to an earlier version and still get the same result ( connect to Itunes sceen ) It will install the software and reboot the phone and the phone gose to the connect to Itunes screen and the PC says verifiying Iphone software and will do that untill the phone shuts down .. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Have you tried to put the iPhone into DFU mode and then do a restore?

3. Iphonelvr thread starter macrumors member

when you plug it in it say itunes has detected an Iphone in recovery mode and only gives me the option to update and restore. Ive tried pressing the shift key and rostoring from an older version but always get the same results.

4. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

What exactly does it do after selecting your .ispw file?

5. Iphonelvr thread starter macrumors member

It extracts the software and loads it and then reboots the phone but when the phone reboots it gose strait to the connect to Itunes screen.

6. w3cum macrumors regular

bricked...? yeah... mine did that too

ok mine did the same thing..... I ended up wasting the whole day dealing with ATT and Apple..... I had to go to the Apple Store and they ended up swapping out my phone.... 3rd phone in 1 and a half months..... (8th sim)... head to Apple and get it swapped.

7. Iphonelvr thread starter macrumors member

The closest Apple is 100 miles away guess ill have to do the mail thing ,,, there gose a week or two without my phone :( .. was just hoping someone here might have a solution.

8. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

9. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

You can restore to 2.2, you can't restore to an older version, because Apple updated the baseband.

10. Iphonelvr thread starter macrumors member

Just tried it .. I put it in DFU mode and tried to restore but got the same result.

11. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Then it looks like you got a [​IMG]. I would take it to a genius, and ask them to give you a new one. Because I am sure that if you have tried all of these methods to resolve the problem and it hasn't worked, there probably isn't much else you can do.

12. Iphonelvr thread starter macrumors member

I just tried putting the phone in DFU mode and restoring to 2.2 and got the same result ....:(

13. Iphonelvr thread starter macrumors member

I talked to Apple they are having trouble with DHL shipping the Iphones and they cant tell me when they can ship me another phone....:mad: This just aint my week ... LOL

14. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Do you live anywhere near an apple store?

15. Iphonelvr thread starter macrumors member

16. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius