2.2 crashing cs5

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kanthony, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Kanthony macrumors member

Just got my 2.2ghz, and now when I save out files in any CS5 application, the app's crash(or get ceaseless beachballs). Any else having any similar issues with CS5? I've never had this problem on any of my machines. Can anyone read Adobe crash log files?

2. YsoSerious macrumors 6502

YsoSerious

Did you migrate or restore cs5 from a back-up? If you did try uninstall and re-install. Pro apps don't play nice with restoring from back up. Also check to see if it is running at 64bit.

3. Kanthony thread starter macrumors member

I checked and they are running 64 bit, I transferred everything over to my new machine via migration assistant. I'm thinking I should reinstall osx and do a clean install of every app?

4. YsoSerious macrumors 6502

YsoSerious

I would try to reinstall cs5 first. Mac sure you deactivate it from your Mac and then reinstall.

5. namethisfile macrumors 6502a

namethisfile

i would reinstall os x and the apps manually instead of relying on migration assistant.

6. Kanthony thread starter macrumors member

I've also noticed that it only happens when I'm working off one of my external drives (brand new WD Studio 500gb's) via firewire. If I try to write to an external drive, boom crash, but if I work locally off my system drive, I can read/write fine with no issues. And even more specifically, it only happens when writing tiff files. Strange?

7. Kanthony thread starter macrumors member

8. Kanthony thread starter macrumors member

I reinstalled CS5, all seems to be working now.