2.2 defiantly affects screen brightness

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TwoBytes, Nov 21, 2008.

1. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

i noticed that my screen is darker. My friend didn't update so before his phone i checked and we both noticed after the update his phone brightness was darker too. We've both had to increase our brightness level....maybe the dimmer sensors are calibrated differently after this update...

2. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Defiantly? :p Damn those rebellious iPhones. :D

I did think however that the screen was always too bright in the dark, so that might take care of it.

3. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I hate defiant phones, LOL. The brightness on mine definitely looks the same. :D

4. yegon macrumors 68020

Mine seemed noticably dimmer too. Not fussed though, previously I only ever used it <33% brightness anyway.

5. svndmvn Guest

updating now, there's actually a progression bar under the apple on the iPhone's screen, always been there during updates?
    if it is indeed true that the brightness is lower now, I suppose it's because of the people complaining about poor battery life without actually lowering the brightness, now everyone or maybe not, will say how much better the battery life is with 2.2 :)
    UPDATE: how can yours be dimmer,people? finished the update and mine is brighter, I usually keep between 1/10 and 1/5 and now it's 1/2..too damn bright

6. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

It is dimmer because 2.2 resets your brightness setting to a particular point. To fix it, just go in and adjust your brightness control.

7. yegon macrumors 68020

It resets the bar to 50% certainly. However, it does seem a little dimmer at the point where I usually have it set - just below the B above the bar. I now have it set slightly to the right of that.

Complete non-issue though, since I never use it above 50% anyway.

8. svndmvn Guest

it does seem dimmer now that I leveled it how I used to..
    How does it usually work, does it backup,cancel everything and kinda restore from a newer FW or just updates without canceling anything?

9. leodavinci0 macrumors 6502

Same here. I always thought it didn't adjust to be dim enough in low light conditions. Maybe this has been improved.

10. Amsco macrumors newbie

Mine only affected it when I turned it on for the first time, but that's because it reverts it to middle level, you have to go into settings and manually raise it.

11. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Mine seemed a little dimmer too, I thought I was just seeing things. Oh well it's not a big deal imo.

12. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

Mine was brighter. Usually have it around 15 percent, after the update and restart, it was around 75 percent.

13. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I noticed that the auto-brightness feature is a lot faster now.

14. daisuke07 macrumors regular

yup

15. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Totally agreed.
    I was in my room without a light on and my iPhone was updating.
    When it finished it was amazingly dark!
    I had to turn it back up!

16. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

So when I slide to unlock, its dark, and then as soon as I do something on the screen... wait about 2 seconds, and it brightens up.

Wow this is ugly, inconvenient, and annoying.

*sigh*

Never mind I'm a tool. I turned the autobrightness option off.