Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flyncode

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2007
I orderer a MBP with those same specs: 2.2, Glossy, 7200 HD. I just recieved it 2 weeks ago.

I'm happy to report that the screen is absolutely flawless. No yellowing. No backlight leakage.

I don't know the manufacturer and build week (I'm in Windows right now, so I'd have to reboot it to find out), but it is perfect. I thought that with my luck, I'd for sure get a bad one, but I didn't.

maestrocasa

macrumors regular
I've had my MBP 2 weeks now. screen is LG Matte week 10 (so why did it take 3 weeks to get my MBP delivered???) I don't know about the yellow thing. It's definitely not obvious, but in a very high contrast situation (black background, small white square), it seems to have a slight yellow tint. but I may just be looking hard for it. the thing that's annoying me most is the color change flicker it has when waking up from sleep. takes a blue swing before going to normal. is that from the LED's lighting up? How can I be sure that it's an LED screen and not flourescent?:confused:

theman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
I got a week 36 samsung with my 2.2 ghz glossy. It was terribly yellow. Hopefully i will get my replacement on monday. we'll see.

maestrocasa

macrumors regular
not a return. brand new, custom configuration (160gb HD) am I reading the manufacture date right? I read this as week 10
Picture 1.png

Osprey

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
Samsung's DLP HDTVs are some of the absolute best on the market, so surely they will get this division up to par ASAP.

I have owned several GREAT Samsung products (50" DLP HDTV, and all cell phones I've owned have been Samsung) So it disappoints me that they are dissappointing customers in this area.

I just purchased a 2.2 15" SR with Glossy screen and the display is PERFECT, so when I went to see which model display I had, I was hoping it was a Samsung, but it turned out to be the 9C68 LG model.

C'mon Samsung, lets get this product up to par with your other great products!!

BTW, How do I know what week my MBP falls Under?

They may have a gorgeous display on their DLPs, but the one I had went bad in less than a year. Not only was the part (the engine light) extremely expensive, but so many people had the same problem with their Samsung DLP that they weren't able to repair it. Fortunately I had a warranty and was able to replace it with a non-Samsung model. I was grateful that my MBP did not come with a Samsung screen just on principle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.